Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Ignatavicius: Medical-Surgical Nursing, 7th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Medical-Surgical Nursing, Single Volume, 7e, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the [NCLEX®/certification/licensure] exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter.. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced [nursing/health professions] educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the [NCLEX/certification/licensure] examination.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable [NCLEX®/certification/ licensure] exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Unit I: Foundations for Medical-Surgical Nursing 1. Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing 2. Introduction to Complementary and Alternative Therapies 3. Common Health Problems of Older Adults 4. Cultural Aspects of Health and Illness 5. Pain: The Fifth Vital Sign 6. Genetic Concepts for Medical-Surgical Nursing 7. Evidence-Based Practice in Medical-Surgical Nursing NEW! 8. Rehabilitation Concepts for Chronic and Disabling Health Problems 9. End-of-Life Care
Unit II: Concepts of Emergency Care and Disaster Preparedness 10 Concepts of Emergency and Trauma Nursing 11 Care of Patients with Common Environmental Emergencies 12 Concepts of Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
Unit III: Management of Patients with Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances 13. Assessment and Care of Patients with Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances 14. Assessment and Care of Patients with Acid-Base Imbalances 15. Infusion Therapy
Unit IV: Management of Perioperative Patients 16. Care of Preoperative Patients 17. Care of Intraoperative Patients 18. Care of Postoperative Patients Concept Overview: Protection
Unit V: Problems of Protection: Management of Patients with Problems of the Immune System 19. Inflammation and the Immune Response 20. Care of Patients with Arthritis and Other Connective Tissue Diseases 21. Care of Patients with HIV Disease and Other Immune Deficiencies 22. Care of Patients with Immune Function Excess: Hypersensitivity (Allergy) and Autoimmunity 23. Cancer Development 24. Care of Patients with Cancer 25. Care of Patients with Infection EXPANDED!
Unit VI: Problems of Protection: Management of Patients with Problems of the Skin, Hair, and Nails 26. Assessment of the Skin, Hair, and Nails 27. Care of Patients with Skin Problems 28. Care of Patients with Burns Concept Overview: Oxygenation and Tissue Perfusion
Unit VII: Problems of Oxygenation: Management of Patient with Problems of the Respiratory Tract 29. Assessment of the Respiratory System 30. Care of Patients Requiring Oxygen Therapy or Tracheostomy 31. Care of Patients with Noninfectious Upper Respiratory Problems 32. Care of Patients with Noninfectious Lower Respiratory Problems 33. Care of Patients with Infectious Respiratory Problems 34. Care of Critically Ill Patients with Respiratory Problems
Unit VIII: Problems of Cardiac Output and Tissue Perfusion: Management of Patient with Problems of the Cardiovascular System 35. Assessment of the Cardiovascular System 36. Care of Patients with Dysrhythmias 37. Care of Patients with Cardiac Problems 38. Care of Patients with Vascular Problems 39. Care of Patients with Shock 40. Care of Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes
Unit IX: Problems of Tiddue Perfusion: Management of Patients with Problems of the Hematologic System 41. Assessment of the Hematologic System 42. Care of Patients with Hematologic Problems Concept Overview: Mobility, Sensation, and Cognition
Unit X: Problems of Mobility, Sensation, and Cognition: Management of Patients with Problems of the Nervous System 43. Assessment of the Nervous System 44. Care of Patients with Problems of the Central Nervous System: The Brain 45. Care of Patients with Problems of the Central Nervous System: The Spinal Cord 46. Care of Patients with Problems of the Peripheral Nervous System 47. Care of Critically Ill Patients with Neurologic Problems
Unit XI: Problems of Sensation: Management of Patients with Problems of the Sensory System 48. Assessment of the Eye and Vision 49. Care of Patients with Eye and Vision Problems 50. Assessment of the Ear and Hearing 51. Care of Patients with Ear and Hearing Problems
Unit XII: Problems of Mobility: Management of Patients with Problems of the Musculoskeletal System 52. Assessment of the Musculoskeletal System 53. Care of Patients with Musculoskeletal Problems 54. Care of Patients with Musculoskeletal Trauma Concept Overview: Nutrition, Metabolism, and Bowel Elimination
Unit XIII: Problems of Digestion, Nutrition, and Elimination: Management of Patients with Problems of the Gastrointestinal System 55. Assessment of the Gastrointestinal System 56. Care of Patients with Oral Cavity Problems 57. Care of Patients with Esophageal Problems 58. Care of Patients with Stomach Disorders 59. Care of Patients with Noninflammatory Intestinal Disorders 60. Care of Patients with Inflammatory Intestinal Disorders 61. Care of Patients with Liver Problems 62. Care of Patients with Problems of the Biliary System and Pancreas 63. Care of Patients with Malnutrition and Obesity
Unit XIV: Problems of Regulation and Metabolism: Management of Patients with Problems of the Endocrine System 64. Assessment of the Endocrine System 65. Care of Patients with Pituitary and Adrenal Gland Problems 66. Care of Patients with Problems of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands 67. Care of Patients with Diabetes Mellitus Concept Overview: Urinary Elimination
Unit XV: Problems of Excretion: Managemen of Patients with Problems of the Renal/Urinary System 68. Assessment of the Renal/Urinary System 69. Care of Patients with Urinary Problems 70. Care of Patients with Renal Disorders 71. Care of Patients with Acute Kidney Injury and Chronic Kidney Disease Concept Overview: Sexuality
Unit XVI: Problems of Reproduction: Management of Patients with Problems of the Reproductive System 72. Assessment of the Reproductive System 73. Care of Patients with Breast Disorders 74. Care of Patients with Gynecologic Problems 75. Care of Male Patients with Reproductive Problems 76. Care of Patients with Sexually Transmitted Disease
Donna D. Ignatavicius, MS, RN, ANEF, Speaker and Curriculum Consultant for Academic Nursing Programs;
Founder, Boot Camp for Nurse Educators;
President, DI Associates, Inc.
Placitas, New Mexico, M. Linda Workman, PhD, RN, FAAN, Formerly, Gertrude Perkins Oliva Professor of Oncology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio and Elsevier