Medical-Surgical Nursing – Two-Volume Text and Elsevier Adaptive Learning and Quizzing Package (Retail Access Card), 9th Edition
Studying is about to get a whole lot easier! Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Medical-Surgical Nursing, 9th Edition, the Elsevier Adaptive Solutions Package combines two innovative adaptive products into one powerful learning solution. Elsevier Adaptive Learning (EAL) helps you transform textbook information into lasting knowledge, while Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing (EAQ) ensures you know how to apply that knowledge to exams and clinical practice. Both EAL and EAQ are fun, engaging, and constantly tracking and adapting to your performance so you learn more effectively and efficiently. This dynamic duo is the personalized solution you need to learn faster, remember longer, and be better prepared for exams and licensure.
Elsevier Adaptive Learning:
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing:
- In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable licensure or certification exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing and/or health professions educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system diseases, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the licensure or certification examination.
Section One – Concepts in Nursing Practice
1. Professional Nursing Practice
2. Health Disparities and Culturally Competent Care
3. Health History and Physical Examination
4. Patient and Caregiver Teaching
5. Chronic Illness and Older Adults
6. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
7. Stress and Stress Management
8. Sleep and Sleep Disorders
10. Palliative Care at End of Life
11. Addictive Behaviors
Section Two – Pathophysiologic Mechanisms of Disease
12. Inflammation and Wound Healing
13. Genetics and Genomics
14. Altered Immune Responses and Transplantation
17. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
Section Three – Perioperative Care
18. Nursing Management: Preoperative Care
19. Nursing Management: Intraoperative Care
20. Nursing Management: Postoperative Care
Section Four – Problems Related to Altered Sensory Input
21. Nursing Assessment: Visual and Auditory Systems
22. Nursing Management: Visual and Auditory Problems
23. Nursing Assessment: Integumentary System
24. Nursing Management: Integumentary Problems
25. Nursing Management: Burns
Section Five – Problems of Oxygenation: Ventilation
26. Nursing Assessment: Respiratory System
27. Nursing Management: Upper Respiratory Problems
28. Nursing Management: Lower Respiratory Problems
29. Nursing Management: Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases
Section Six – Problems of Oxygenation: Transport
30. Nursing Assessment: Hematologic System
31. Nursing Management: Hematologic Problems
Section Seven – Problems of Oxygenation: Perfusion
32. Nursing Assessment: Cardiovascular System
33. Nursing Management: Hypertension
34. Nursing Management: Coronary Artery Disease and Acute Coronary Syndrome
35. Nursing Management: Heart Failure
36. Nursing Management: Dysrhythmias
37. Nursing Management: Inflammatory and Structural Heart Disorders
38. Nursing Management: Vascular Disorders
Section Eight – Problems of Ingestion, Digestion, Absorption, and Elimination
39. Nursing Assessment: Gastrointestinal System
40. Nursing Management: Nutritional Problems
41. Nursing Management: Obesity
42. Nursing Management: Upper Gastrointestinal Problems
43. Nursing Management: Lower Gastrointestinal Problems
44. Nursing Management: Liver, Pancreas, and Biliary Tract Problems
Section Nine – Problems of Urinary Function
45. Nursing Assessment: Urinary System
46. Nursing Management: Renal and Urologic Problems
47. Nursing Management: Acute Renal Failure and Chronic Kidney Disease
Section Ten – Problems Related to Regulatory and Reproductive Mechanisms
48. Nursing Assessment: Endocrine System
49. Nursing Management: Diabetes Mellitus
50. Nursing Management: Endocrine Problems
51. Nursing Assessment: Reproductive System
52. Nursing Management: Breast Disorders
53. Nursing Management: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
54. Nursing Management: Female Reproductive Problems
55. Nursing Management: Male Reproductive Problems
Section Eleven – Problems Related to Movement and Coordination
56. Nursing Assessment: Nervous System
57. Nursing Management: Acute Intracranial Problems
58. Nursing Management: Stroke
59. Nursing Management: Chronic Neurologic Problems
60. Nursing Management: Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
61. Nursing Management: Peripher
Sharon L. Lewis, RN, PhD, FAAN, Research Professor, Castella Distinguished Professor, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, Shannon Ruff Dirksen, RN, PhD, Associate Professor, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ, Margaret M. Heitkemper, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor and Chairperson, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, Elizabeth Sterling Soule Endowed Chair in Nursing, School of Nursing; Adjunct Professor, Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, Linda Bucher, RN, PhD, CEN, CNE, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE; Staff Nurse, Emergency Department, Virtua Memorial Hospital, Mt. Holly, NJ and Elsevier