Basic Immunology Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Page Count: 336
List Price: $71.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
Understand all the essential concepts in immunology with Basic Immunology: Functions and Disorders of the Immune System! This concise, focused text provides you with an up-to-date, accessible introduction to the workings of the human immune system.
- Efficiently master the immunology information you need through clinically focused content, logically organized by mechanism.
- Apply what you've learned to real-world situations by referencing the appendix of clinical cases.
- Enhance your learning with the help of numerous full-color illustrations and useful tables, as well as summary boxes, review questions, and a glossary of immunology terms.
- Study immunology anywhere! Online access to www.StudentConsult.com opens the door to an enhanced e-book and ancillary components!
- Visualize complex immunology concepts with a completely updated art program.
- Test your knowledge. New PowerPoint Review slides added to www.StudentConsult.com are ideal for study sessions.
1. Introduction to the Immune System
2. Innate Immunity
3. Antigen Capture and Presentations to Lymphocytes
4. Antigen Recognition in the Adaptive Immune System
5. Cell-Mediated Immune Responses
6. Effector Mechanisms of Cell-Mediated Immunity
7. Humoral Immune Responses
8. Effector Mechanisms of Humoral Immunity
9. Immunologic Tolerance and Autoimmunity
10. Immune Responses Against Tumors and Transplants
11. Hypersensitivity Diseases
12. Congenital and Acquired Immunodeficiencies
Appendix I: Principal Features of CD Molecules
Appendix II: Glossary
Appendix III: Clinical Cases
Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, Andrew H. H. Lichtman, MD, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts and Shiv Pillai, MBBS, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Health Sciences and Technology, Harvard Medical School, Ragon Institute of Massachusetts General Hospital, MIT and Harvard, Boston, Massachusetts