Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Foundations and Adult Health Nursing, 7th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Foundations and Adult Health Nursing, 7e, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the NCLEX exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the NCLEX examination.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable NCLEX exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Unit I: Fundamentals of Nursing
1. Evolution of Nursing
2. Legal and Ethical Aspects of Nursing
5. Nursing Process and Critical Thinking
6. Cultural and Ethnic Considerations
Unit II: Fundamentals of Clinical Practice
7. Asepsis and Infection Control
8. Body Mechanics and Patient Mobility
9. Hygiene and Care of the Patient’s Environment
Unit III: Introduction to Nursing Interventions
11. Vital Signs
12. Physical Assessment
13. Admission, Transfer, and Discharge
14. Surgical Wound Care
15. Specimen Collection and Diagnostic Testing
16. Care of Patients Experiencing Urgent Alterations in Health
17. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
18. Pain Management, Comfort, Rest, and Sleep
19. Nutritional Concepts and Related Therapies
20. Fluids and Electrolytes
21. Dosage Calculation and Medication Administration
22. Care of Patients with Alterations in Health
Unit IV: Nursing Care Across the Lifespan
23. Lifespan Development
24. Loss, Grief, Dying, and Death
25. Health Promotion and Pregnancy
26. Labor and Delivery
27. Care of the Mother and Newborn
28. Care of the High-Risk Mother, Newborn, and Family with Special Needs
29. Health Promotion for the Infant, Child, and Adolescent
30. Basic Pediatric Nursing Care
31. Care of the Child with a Physical and Mental or Cognitive Disorder
32. Health Promotion and Care of the Older Adult
Unit V: Fundamentals of Mental Health Nursing
33. Concepts of Mental Health
34. Care of the Patient with a Psychiatric Disorder
35. Care of the Patient with an Addictive Personality
Unit VI: Fundamentals of Community Health Nursing
36. Home Health Nursing
37. Long-Term Care
38. Rehabilitation Nursing
39. Hospice Care
Unit VII: Adult Health Nursing
40. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
41. Care of the Surgical Patient
42. Care of the Patient with an Integumentary Disorder
43. Care of the Patient with a Musculoskeletal Disorder
44. Care of the Patient with a Gastrointestinal Disorder
45. Care of the Patient with a Gallbladder, Liver, Biliary Tract, or Exocrine Pancreatic Disorder
46. Care of the Patient with a Blood or Lymphatic Disorder
47. Care of the Patient with a Cardiovascular or a Peripheral Vascular Disorder
48. Care of the Patient with a Respiratory Disorder
49. Care of the Patient with a Urinary Disorder
50. Care of the Patient with an Endocrine Disorder
51. Care of the Patient with a Reproductive Disorder
52. Care of the Patient with a Visual or Auditory Disorder
53. Care of the Patient with a Neurological Disorder
54. Care of the Patient with an Immune Disorder
55. Care of the Patient with HIV/AIDS
56. Care of the Patient with Cancer
Unit VIII: From Graduate to Professional
57. Professional Roles and Leadership
Appendix A: Common Abbreviations
Appendix B: Laboratory Reference Values
Appendix C: Answers to Review Questions for the NCLEX® Examination
Kim Cooper, RN, MSN, Chair, Nursing Department Program, Ivy Tech State College, Terre Haute, IN, Kelly Gosnell, RN, MSN, Associate Professor of Nursing
Ivy Tech Community College
Terre Haute, Indiana and Elsevier