Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing and Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing Package, 9th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 9e, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the [NCLEX®/certification/licensure] exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter.. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced [nursing/health professions] educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the [NCLEX/certification/licensure] examination.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable [NCLEX®/certification/ licensure] exam preparation.The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Unit One: Children, Their Families, and the Nurse 1. Perspectives of Pediatric Nursing 2. Community-Based Nursing Care of the Child and Family 3. Family Influences on Child Health Promotion 4. Social, Cultural, and Religious Influences on Child Health Promotion 5. Developmental and Genetic Influences on Child Health Promotion
Unit Two: Assessment of the Child and Family 1. Communication, History, and Physical Assessment of the Child 2. Pain Assessment and Management in Children
Unit Three: The Newborn 1. Health Promotion of the Newborn and Family 2. Health Problems of Newborns
Unit Four: Infancy 1. Health Promotion of the Infant and Family 2. Health Problems of Infants
Unit Five: Early Childhood 1. Health Promotion of the Toddler and Family 2. Health Promotion of the Preschooler and Family 3. Health Problems of Toddlers and Preschoolers
Unit Six: Middle Childhood and Adolescence 1. Health Promotion of the School-Age Child and Family 2. Health Promotion of the Adolescent and Family 3. Health Problems of School-Age Children and Adolescents
Unit Seven: The Child and Family with Special Needs 1. Quality of Life for Children Living with Chronic or Complex Diseases 2. Impact of Cognitive or Sensory Impairment on the Child and Family 3. Family-Centered Home Care
Unit Eight: Impact of Hospitalization on the Child and Family 1. Family-Centered Care of the Child During Illness and Hospitalization 2. Pediatric Variations of Nursing Interventions
Unit Nine: The Child with Problems Related to the Transfer of Oxygen and Nutrients 1. The Child with Respiratory Dysfunction 2. The Child with Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
Unit Ten: The Child with Problems Related to the Production and Circulation of Blood 1. The Child with Cardiovascular Dysfunction 2. The Child with Hematologic or Immunologic Dysfunction
Unit Eleven: The Child With a Disturbance of Regulatory Mechanisms 1. The Child with Genitourinary Dysfunction 2. The Child with Cerebral Dysfunction 3. The Child with Endocrine Dysfunction 4. The Child with Integumentary Dysfunction
Unit Twelve: The Child with a Problem that Interferes with Physical Mobility 1. The Child with Musculoskeletal or Articular Dysfunction 2. The Child with Neuromuscular or Muscular Dysfunction
Appendixes A. Growth Measurements B. Common Laboratory Tests C. Translations of Wong-Baker FACES Pain Rating Scale D. Spanish-English Translations
Marilyn J. Hockenberry, PhD, RN-CS, PNP, FAAN, Bessie Baker Distinguished Professor of Nursing
Professor of Pediatrics
Chair, Duke Institutional Review Board
Durham, NC, David Wilson, MS, RN, C(INC), Staff
Children's Hospital at Saint Francis
Tulsa, OK and Elsevier