Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing, 5th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing, 5e, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the [NCLEX®/certification/licensure] exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter.. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced [nursing/health professions] educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the [NCLEX/certification/licensure] examination.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable [NCLEX®/certification/ licensure] exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Unit One: Patient Care Concepts Chapter 1: The Health Care System Chapter 2: Patient Care Settings Chapter 3: Legal and Ethical Considerations Chapter 4: The Leadership Role of the Licensed Practical Nurse Chapter 5: The Nurse-Patient Relationship Chapter 6: Cultural Aspects of Nursing Care Chapter 7: The Nurse and the Family Chapter 8: Health and Illness Chapter 9: Nutrition Chapter 10: Developmental Processes Chapter 11: The Older Patient Chapter 12: The Nursing Process and Critical Thinking
Unit Two: Physiologic Responses to Illness Chapter 13: Inflammation, Infection, and Immunity Chapter 14: Fluid and Electrolytes Chapter 15: Pain Management
Unit Three: Acute Care Chapter 16: First Aid and Emergency Care and Disaster Management Chapter 17: Surgical Care Chapter 18: Intravenous Therapy Chapter 19: Shock
Unit Four: Long-Term Care and Home Health Care Chapter 20: Falls Chapter 21: Immobility Chapter 22: Confusion Chapter 23: Incontinence Chapter 24: Loss, Death, and End-of-Life Care
Unit Five: Cancer Chapter 25: The Patient with Cancer Chapter 26: The Ostomy Patient
Unit Six: Neurologic Disorders Chapter 27: Neurologic Disorders Chapter 28: Cerebrovascular Accident Chapter 29: Spinal Cord Injury
Unit Seven: Respiratory Disorders Chapter 30: Acute Respiratory Disorders Chapter 31: Chronic Respiratory Disorders
Unit Eight: Hematologic and Immunologic Disorders Chapter 32: Hematologic Disorders Chapter 33: Immunologic Disorders Chapter 34: HIV/AIDS
Unit Nine: Cardiovascular Disorders Chapter 35: Cardiac Disorders Chapter 36: Vascular Disorders Chapter 37: Hypertension
Unit Ten: Digestive Disorders Chapter 38: Digestive Tract Disorders Chapter 39: Disorders of the Liver, Gallbladder, and Pancreas
Unit Eleven: Urologic Disorders Chapter 40: Urologic Disorders
Unit Twelve: Musculoskeletal Disorders Chapter 41: Connective Tissue Disorders Chapter 42: Fractures Chapter 43: Amputations
Unit Thirteen: Endocrine Disorders Chapter 44: Pituitary and Adrenal Disorders Chapter 45: Thyroid and Parathyroid Disorders Chapter 46: Diabetes Mellitus and Hypoglycemia
Unit Fourteen: Reproductive Disorders Chapter 47: Female Reproductive Disorders Chapter 48: Male Reproductive Disorders Chapter 49: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Unit Fifteen: Integumentary Disorders Chapter 50: Skin Disorders
Unit Sixteen: Disorders of the Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat Chapter 51: Eye and Vision Disorders Chapter 52: Ear and Hearing Disorders Chapter 53: Nose, Sinus, and Throat Disorders
Unit Seventeen: Mental Health and Illness Chapter 54: Psychological Responses to Illness Chapter 55: Psychiatric Disorders Chapter 56: Substance-Related Disorders
References and Readings Illustration Credits Glossary (including Abbreviations, formerly Appendix A) Index Answers to Review Questions ISMP's List of Error-Prone Abbreviations, Symbols, and Dose Designations (inside back cover)
Adrianne Dill Linton, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor and Chair, Department of Family Community Care Systems, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, School of Nursing, San Antonio, TX and Elsevier