Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing and Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing Package, 7th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 7e, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the [NCLEX®/certification/licensure] exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter.. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced [nursing/health professions] educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the [NCLEX/certification/licensure] examination.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable [NCLEX®/certification/ licensure] exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
UNIT ONE: FOUNDATIONS IN THEORY 1. Mental Health and Mental Illness 2. Relevant Theories and Therapies for Nursing Practice 3. Biological Basis for Understanding Psychiatric Disorders and Treatment
UNIT TWO: FOUNDATIONS FOR PRACTICE 4. Settings for Psychiatric Care 5. Cultural Implications for Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing 6. Legal and Ethical Guidelines for Safe Practice
UNIT THREE: PSYCHOSOCIAL NURSING TOOLS 7. The Nursing Process and Standards of Care for Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing 8. Therapeutic Relationships 9. Communication and the Clinical Interview 10. Understanding and Managing Responses to Stress
UNIT FOUR: PSYCHOBIOLOGICAL DISORDERS 11. Childhood and Neurodevelopmental Disorders 12. Schizophrenia and Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders 13. Bipolar and Related Disorders 14. Depressive Disorders 15. Anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive Related Disorders 16. Trauma, Stressor-Related, and Dissociative Disorders 17. Somatic Symptom Disorders 18. Feeding, Eating, and Elimination Disorders 19. Sleep-Wake Disorders 20. Sexual Dysfunction, Gender Dysphoria, and Paraphilias 21. Impulse Control Disorders 22. Substance Related and Addictive Disorders 23. Neurocognitive Disorders 24. Personality Disorders 25. Suicide
UNIT FIVE: TRAUMA INTERVENTIONS 26. Crisis and Disaster 27. Anger, Aggression, and Violence 28. Child, Older Adult, and Intimate Partner Violence 29. Sexual Assault
UNIT SIX: INTERVENTIONS FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS 30. Psychosocial Needs of the Older Adult 31. Serious Mental Illness 32. Forensic Psychiatric Nursing
UNIT SEVEN: OTHER INTERVENTION MODALITIES 33. Therapeutic Groups 34. Family Interventions 35. Integrative Care
Margaret Jordan Halter, PhD, PMHCNS, Margaret (Peggy) Halter, PhD, APRN
Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Ashland, Ohio and Elsevier