Elsevier Adaptive Learning for The Language of Medicine, 10th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to The Language of Medicine, 10e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help students to learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking student performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
1. Basic Word Structure 2. Terms Pertaining to the Body as a Whole 3. Suffixes 4. Prefixes 5. Digestive System 6. Additional Suffixes and Digestive System Terminology 7. Urinary System 8. Female Reproductive System 9. Male Reproductive System 10. Nervous System 11. Cardiovascular System 12. Respiratory System 13. Blood System 14. Lymphatic and Immune Systems 15. Musculoskeletal System 16. Skin 17. Sense Organs: The Eye and the Ear 18. Endocrine System 19. Cancer Medicine (Oncology) 20. Radiology and Nuclear Medicine 21. Pharmacology 22. Psychiatry
Glossary • Medical Word Parts to English • English to Medical Word Parts
Appendix I: Plurals Appendix II: Abbreviations, Acronyms, Eponyms, and Symbols Appendix III: Normal Hematologic Reference Values and Implications of Abnormal Results Appendix IV: Drugs Appendix V: Complementary and Alternative Medicine Terms
Davi-Ellen Chabner, BA, MAT, Newton Centre, MA
This product is available in the following formats: