Anatomy & Physiology - Text and Elsevier Adaptive Learning Package, 8th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Anatomy & Physiology, 8e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
UNIT ONE: The Body as a Whole Introduction: Seeing the Big Picture 1. Organization of the Body 2. The Chemical Basis of Life 3. Anatomy of Cells 4. Physiology of Cells 5. Cell Reproduction 6. Tissues
UNIT TWO: Support and Movement 7. Skin and its Appendages 8. Skeletal Tissues 9. Skeletal System 10. Articulations 11. Anatomy of the Muscular System 12. Physiology of the Muscular System
UNIT THREE: Communication, Control, and Integration 13. Nervous System Cells 14. Central Nervous System 15. Peripheral Nervous System 16. Autonomic Nervous System 17. Sense Organs 18. Endocrine Regulation 19. Endocrine Glands
UNIT FOUR: Transportation and Defense 20. Blood 21. Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System 22. Physiology of the Cardiovascular System 23. Lymphatic System 24. Immune System 25. Stress
UNIT FIVE: Respiration, Nutrition, and Excretion 26. Anatomy of the Respiratory System 27. Physiology of the Respiratory System 28. Anatomy of the Digestive System 29. Physiology of the Respiratory System 30. Nutrition and Metabolism 31. The Urinary System 32. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance 33. Acid-Base Balance
UNIT SIX: Reproduction and Development 34. Male Reproductive System 35. Female Reproductive System 36. Growth and Development 37. Genetics and Heredity
Glossary Photo/Illustration Credits Index
Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO and Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI