Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 7th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 7e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help students to learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking student performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learners by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
UNIT ONE: FOUNDATIONS IN THEORY
1. Mental Health and Mental Illness
2. Relevant Theories and Therapies for Nursing Practice
3. Biological Basis for Understanding Psychiatric Disorders and Treatment
UNIT TWO: FOUNDATIONS FOR PRACTICE
4. Settings for Psychiatric Care
5. Cultural Implications for Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
6. Legal and Ethical Guidelines for Safe Practice
UNIT THREE: PSYCHOSOCIAL NURSING TOOLS
7. The Nursing Process and Standards of Care for Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
8. Therapeutic Relationships
9. Communication and the Clinical Interview
10. Understanding and Managing Responses to Stress
UNIT FOUR: PSYCHOBIOLOGICAL DISORDERS
11. Childhood and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
12. Schizophrenia and Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders
13. Bipolar and Related Disorders
14. Depressive Disorders
15. Anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive Related Disorders
16. Trauma, Stressor-Related, and Dissociative Disorders
17. Somatic Symptom Disorders
18. Feeding, Eating, and Elimination Disorders
19. Sleep-Wake Disorders
20. Sexual Dysfunction, Gender Dysphoria, and Paraphilias
21. Impulse Control Disorders
22. Substance Related and Addictive Disorders
23. Neurocognitive Disorders
24. Personality Disorders
UNIT FIVE: TRAUMA INTERVENTIONS
26. Crisis and Disaster
27. Anger, Aggression, and Violence
28. Child, Older Adult, and Intimate Partner Violence
29. Sexual Assault
UNIT SIX: INTERVENTIONS FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS
30. Psychosocial Needs of the Older Adult
31. Serious Mental Illness
32. Forensic Psychiatric Nursing
UNIT SEVEN: OTHER INTERVENTION MODALITIES
33. Therapeutic Groups
34. Family Interventions
35. Integrative Care
Margaret Jordan Halter, PhD, APRN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Cleveland Clinic Akron General, Akron, Ohio; Adjunct Faculty, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
This product is available in the following formats: