Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing (Access Card), 9th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 9e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learners by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
Unit One: Children, Their Families, and the Nurse
- Perspectives of Pediatric Nursing
- Community-Based Nursing Care of the Child and Family
- Family Influences on Child Health Promotion
- Social, Cultural, and Religious Influences on Child Health Promotion
- Developmental and Genetic Influences on Child Health Promotion
Unit Two: Assessment of the Child and Family
- Communication, History, and Physical Assessment of the Child
- Pain Assessment and Management in Children
Unit Three: The Newborn
- Health Promotion of the Newborn and Family
- Health Problems of Newborns
Unit Four: Infancy
- Health Promotion of the Infant and Family
- Health Problems of Infants
Unit Five: Early Childhood
- Health Promotion of the Toddler and Family
- Health Promotion of the Preschooler and Family
- Health Problems of Toddlers and Preschoolers
Unit Six: Middle Childhood and Adolescence
- Health Promotion of the School-Age Child and Family
- Health Promotion of the Adolescent and Family
- Health Problems of School-Age Children and Adolescents
Unit Seven: The Child and Family with Special Needs
- Quality of Life for Children Living with Chronic or Complex Diseases
- Impact of Cognitive or Sensory Impairment on the Child and Family
- Family-Centered Home Care
Unit Eight: Impact of Hospitalization on the Child and Family
- Family-Centered Care of the Child During Illness and Hospitalization
- Pediatric Variations of Nursing Interventions
Unit Nine: The Child with Problems Related to the Transfer of Oxygen and Nutrients
- The Child with Respiratory Dysfunction
- The Child with Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
Unit Ten: The Child with Problems Related to the Production and Circulation of Blood
- The Child with Cardiovascular Dysfunction
- The Child with Hematologic or Immunologic Dysfunction
Unit Eleven: The Child With a Disturbance of Regulatory Mechanisms
- The Child with Genitourinary Dysfunction
- The Child with Cerebral Dysfunction
- The Child with Endocrine Dysfunction
- The Child with Integumentary Dysfunction
Unit Twelve: The Child with a Problem that Interferes with Physical Mobility
- The Child with Musculoskeletal or Articular Dysfunction
- The Child with Neuromuscular or Muscular Dysfunction
A. Growth Measurements B. Common Laboratory Tests C. Translations of Wong-Baker FACES Pain Rating Scale D. Spanish-English Translations
Marilyn J. Hockenberry, PhD, RN-CS, PNP, FAAN, Bessie Baker Distinguished Professor of Nursing
Professor of Pediatrics
Chair, Duke Institutional Review Board
Durham, NC and David Wilson, MS, RN, C(INC), Staff
Children's Hospital at Saint Francis