Medical-Surgical Nursing - Single-Volume Text and Elsevier Adaptive Learning Package, 7th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Medical-Surgical Nursing, 7e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learners by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
Unit I: Foundations for Medical-Surgical Nursing
1. Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing 2. Introduction to Complementary and Alternative Therapies 3. Common Health Problems of Older Adults 4. Cultural Aspects of Health and Illness 5. Pain: The Fifth Vital Sign 6. Genetic Concepts for Medical-Surgical Nursing 7. Evidence-Based Practice in Medical-Surgical Nursing NEW! 8. Rehabilitation Concepts for Chronic and Disabling Health Problems 9. End-of-Life Care
Unit II: Concepts of Emergency Care and Disaster Preparedness
10. Concepts of Emergency and Trauma Nursing 11. Care of Patients with Common Environmental Emergencies 12. Concepts of Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
Unit III: Management of Patients with Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
13. Assessment and Care of Patients with Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances 14. Assessment and Care of Patients with Acid-Base Imbalances 15. Infusion Therapy
Unit IV: Management of Perioperative Patients
16. Care of Preoperative Patients 17. Care of Intraoperative Patients 18. Care of Postoperative Patients
Concept Overview: Protection
Unit V: Problems of Protection: Management of Patients with Problems of the Immune System
19. Inflammation and the Immune Response 20. Care of Patients with Arthritis and Other Connective Tissue Diseases 21. Care of Patients with HIV Disease and Other Immune Deficiencies 22. Care of Patients with Immune Function Excess: Hypersensitivity (Allergy) and Autoimmunity 23. Cancer Development 24. Care of Patients with Cancer 25. Care of Patients with Infection EXPANDED!
Unit VI: Problems of Protection: Management of Patients with Problems of the Skin, Hair, and Nails
26. Assessment of the Skin, Hair, and Nails 27. Care of Patients with Skin Problems 28. Care of Patients with Burns
Concept Overview: Oxygenation and Tissue Perfusion
Unit VII: Problems of Oxygenation: Management of Patient with Problems of the Respiratory Tract
29. Assessment of the Respiratory System 30. Care of Patients Requiring Oxygen Therapy or Tracheostomy 31. Care of Patients with Noninfectious Upper Respiratory Problems 32. Care of Patients with Noninfectious Lower Respiratory Problems 33. Care of Patients with Infectious Respiratory Problems 34. Care of Critically Ill Patients with Respiratory Problems
Unit VIII: Problems of Cardiac Output and Tissue Perfusion: Management of Patient with Problems of the Cardiovascular System
35. Assessment of the Cardiovascular System 36. Care of Patients with Dysrhythmias 37. Care of Patients with Cardiac Problems 38. Care of Patients with Vascular Problems 39. Care of Patients with Shock 40. Care of Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes
Unit IX: Problems of Tiddue Perfusion: Management of Patients with Problems of the Hematologic System
41. Assessment of the Hematologic System 42. Care of Patients with Hematologic Problems
Concept Overview: Mobility, Sensation, and Cognition
Unit X: Problems of Mobility, Sensation, and Cognition: Management of Patients with Problems of the Nervous System
43. Assessment of the Nervous System 44. Care of Patients with Problems of the Central Nervous System: The Brain 45. Care of Patients with Problems of the Central Nervous System: The Spinal Cord 46. Care of Patients with Problems of the Peripheral Nervous System 47. Care of Critically Ill Patients with Neurologic Problems
Unit XI: Problems of Sensation: Management of Patients with Problems of the Sensory System
Donna D. Ignatavicius, MS, RN, ANEF, Speaker and Curriculum Consultant for Academic Nursing Programs;
Founder, Boot Camp for Nurse Educators;
President, DI Associates, Inc.
Placitas, New Mexico and M. Linda Workman, PhD, RN, FAAN, Formerly, Gertrude Perkins Oliva Professor of Oncology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio