Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Fundamentals of Nursing,8th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Fundamentals of Nursing, 8e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Unit 1: Nursing and the Health Care Environment 1. Nursing Today 2. The Health Care Delivery System 3. Community-Based Nursing Practice 4. Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice 5. Evidence-Based Practice
Unit 2: Caring Throughout the Life Span 6. Health and Wellness 7. Caring in Nursing Practice 8. Caring for the Cancer Survivor 9. Culture and Ethnicity 10. Caring for Families 11. Developmental Theories 12. Conception Through Adolescence 13. Young to Middle Adult 14. Older Adult
Unit 3: Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice 15. Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice 16. Nursing Assessment 17. Nursing Diagnosis 18. Planning Nursing Care 19. Implementing Nursing Care 20. Evaluation 21. Managing Patient Care
Unit 4: Professional Standards in Nursing Practice 22. Ethics and Values 23. Legal Implications in Nursing Practice 24. Communication 25. Patient Education 26. Documentation and Informatics
Unit 5: Foundations for Nursing Practice 27. Patient Safety 28. Infection Prevention and Infection Control 29. Vital Signs 30. Health Assessment and Physical Examination 31. Medication Administration 32. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Unit 6: Psychosocial Basis for Nursing Practice 33. Self-Concept 34. Sexuality 35. Spiritual Health 36. The Experience of Loss, Death, and Grief 37. Stress and Coping
Unit 7: Physiological Basis for Nursing Practice 38. Activity and Exercise 39. Hygiene 40. Oxygenation 41. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance 42. Sleep 43. Pain Management 44. Nutrition 45. Urinary Elimination 46. Bowel Elimination 47. Mobility and Immobility 48. Skin Integrity and Wound Care 49. Sensory Alterations 50. Care of Surgical Patients
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services
St. Louis, MO, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL, Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL and Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana