Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2014 Edition,
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2014 Edition, 1e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Unit 1: Reimbursement 1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
Unit 2: ICD-10-CM 2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM 3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines 4. Using ICD-10-CM 5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10) 6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14) 7. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
Unit 3: ICD-9-CM 8. An Overview of ICD-9-CM 9. ICD-9-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines 10. Using ICD-9-CM 11. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-9-CM Chapters 1-8) 12. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-9-CM Chapters 9-17)
Unit 4: CPT and HCPCS 13. Introduction to CPT and Level II National Codes (HCPCS) 14. Modifiers 15. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services 16. Anesthesia 17. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery 18. Integumentary System 19. Musculoskeletal System 20. Respiratory System 21. Cardiovascular System 22. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm 23. Digestive System 24. Urinary and Male Genital Systems 25. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery 26. Endocrine and Nervous Systems 27. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope 28. Radiology 29. Pathology/Laboratory 30. Medicine
Unit 5: Inpatient Coding 31. Inpatient Coding
Appendix A: Online Resources Appendix B: Exercise Answers Appendix C: EHR Screens Glossary Coder's Index
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN