Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 6th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 7e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
UNIT 1: ASSESSMENT OF THE WHOLE PERSON 1. Evidence-Based Assessment 2. Cultural Competence: Cultural Care 3. The Interview 4. The Complete Health History 5. Mental Status Assessment 6. Substance Use Assessment NEW! 7. Domestic Violence Assessment
UNIT 2: APPROACH TO THE CLINICAL SETTING 8. Assessment Techniques and the Clinical Setting 9. General Survey, Measurement, Vital Signs 10. Pain Assessment: The Fifth Vital Sign 11. Nutritional Assessment
UNIT 3: PHYSICAL EXAMINATION 12. Skin, Hair, and Nails 13. Head, Face, and Neck, including Regional Lymphatics 14. Eyes 15. Ears 16. Nose, Mouth, and Throat 17. Breasts and Regional Lymphatics 18. Thorax and Lungs 19. Heart and Neck Vessels 20. Peripheral Vascular System and Lymphatic System 21. Abdomen 22. Musculoskeletal System 23. Neurologic System 24. Male Genitourinary System 25. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate 26. Female Genitourinary System
UNIT 4: INTEGRATION OF THE HEALTH SYSTEM 27. The Complete Health Assessment: Putting It All Together 28. Bedside Assessment of the Hospitalized Adult 29. The Pregnant Woman 30. Functional Assessment of the Older Adult
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois