Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants - Soft Cover Version, 8th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
1. Introduction to Health Care Agencies
2. The Person’s Rights NEW!
3. The Nursing Assistant
4. Ethics and Laws
5. Work Ethics
6. Communicating With the Health Team
7. Assisting With the Nursing Process
8. Understanding the Person
9. Body Structure and Function
10. Growth and Development
11. Care of the Older Person
13. Preventing Falls
14. Restraint Alternatives and Safe Restraint Use
15. Preventing Infection
16. Body Mechanics
17. Safely Moving and Transferring the Person
18. The Person’s Unit
20. Personal Hygiene
22. Urinary Elimination
23. Bowel Elimination
24. Nutrition and Fluids
25. Nutritional Support and IV Therapy
26. Measuring Vital Signs
27. Exercise and Activity
28. Comfort, Rest, and Sleep
29. Admissions, Transfers, and Discharges
30. Assisting With the Physical Examination
31. Collecting and Testing Specimens
32. The Person Having Surgery
33. Wound Care
34. Pressure Ulcers NEW!
35. Heat and Cold Applications
36. Oxygen Needs
37. Respiratory Support and Therapies
38. Rehabilitation and Restorative Nursing Care
39. Hearing, Speech, and Vision Problems
40. Cancer, Immune System, and Skin Disorders
41. Nervous System and Musculoskeletal Disorders
42. Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Lymphatic Disorders
43. Digestive and Endocrine Disorders
44. Urinary and Reproductive Disorders
45. Mental Health Problems
46. Confusion and Dementia
47. Developmental Disabilities
49. Caring for Mothers and Newborns
50. Assisted Living
51. Basic Emergency Care
52. End-of-Life Care
A. National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP®) Written Examination Content Outline and Skills Evaluation
B. Key Recommendations from Dietary Guidelines 2010
C. Minimum Data Set: Selected Pages
Answers to Review Questions