Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Essentials of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing -- Revised Reprint, 2nd Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Essentials of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 2e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help students to learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking student performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
UNIT I: ESSENTIAL THEORETICAL CONCEPTS FOR PRACTICE 1. Practicing the Science and the Art of Psychiatric Nursing 2. Mental Health and Mental Illness 3. Theories and Therapies 4. Biological Basis for Understanding Psychopharmacology 5. Settings for Psychiatric Care 6. Legal and Ethical Basis for Practice
UNIT II: TOOLS FOR PRACTICE OF THE ART 7. Nursing Process and QSEN: The Foundation for Safe and Effective Care 8. Communication Skills: Medium for All Nursing Practice 9. Therapeutic Relationships and the Clinical Interview
UNIT III: CARING FOR PATIENTS WITH PSYCHOBIOLOGICAL DISORDERS 10. Stress and Stress-Related Disorders NEW! 11. Anxiety, Anxiety Disorders, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders 12. Somatic and Dissociative Disorders 13. Personality Disorders 14. Eating Disorders 15. Mood Disorders: Depression 16. Mood Disorders: Bipolar Disorders 17. Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders 18. Neurocognitive Disorders 19. Substance Use and Addictive Disorders
UNIT IV: COMMUNICATING WITH AND PLANNING CARE FOR PATIENTS EXPERIENCING PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCIES 20. Crisis and Mass Disaster 21. Child, Partner, and Elder Violence 22. Sexual Violence 23. Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors 24. Anger, Aggression, and Violence 25. Care for the Dying and Those who Grieve
UNIT V: COMMUNICATING WITH AND PLANNING CARE FOR PATIENTS WITH DESCRETE NEEDS 26. Children and Adolescents 27. Adults 28. Older Adults
Elizabeth M. Varcarolis, RN, MA, Professor Emeritus, Formerly Deputy Chairperson, Department of Nursing, Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York, NY; Associate Fellow, Albert Ellis Institute for Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT), New York, NY
This product is available in the following formats: