Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Structure and Function of the Body, 14th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Structure & Function of the Body - Softcover, 14e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
1. An Introduction to the Structure and Function of the Body 2. Chemistry of Life 3. Cells and Tissues 4. Organ Systems of the Body 5. The Integumentary System and Body Membranes 6. The Skeletal System 7. The Muscular System 8. The Nervous System 9. The Senses 10. The Endocrine System 11. Blood 12. The Circulatory System 13. The Lymphatic System and Immunity 14. The Respiratory System 15. The Digestive System 16. Nutrition and Metabolism 17. The Urinary System 18. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance 19. Acid-Base Balance 20. The Reproductive Systems 21. Growth and Development
Appendix A: Body Mass Index Appendix B: Common Medical Abbreviations, Prefixes, and Suffixes Chapter Test Answers Glossary Illustration/Photo Credits
Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, Wisconsin, USA and Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction, New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, New York; Professor Emeritus of Life Sciences, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, Missouri; Assistant Professor Emeritus of Physiology, Course Director Emeritus in Human Physiology, St. Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, Missouri, USA