Elsevier Adaptive Learning for The Human Body in Health and Disease, 6th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to The Human Body in Health & Disease - Softcover, 6e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
1. An Introduction to the Structure and Function of the Body 2. Chemistry of Life 3. Cells 4. Tissues 5. Organ Systems of the Body 6. Mechanisms of Disease 7. The Integumentary System and Body Membranes 8. The Skeletal System 9. The Muscular System 10. The Nervous System 11. The Senses 12. The Endocrine System 13. Blood 14. The Heart 15. The Circulation of the Blood 16. The Lymphatic System and Immunity 17. The Respiratory System 18. The Digestive System 19. Nutrition and Metabolism 20. The Urinary System 21. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance 22. Acid-Base Balance 23. The Reproductive Systems 24. Growth and Development 25. Genetics and Genetic Diseases
Appendix A: Examples of Pathological Conditions Appendix B: Medical Terminology Appendix C: Clinical and Laboratory Values Glossary Illustration/Photo Credits Index
Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction, New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, New York; Professor Emeritus of Life Sciences, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, Missouri; Assistant Professor Emeritus of Physiology, Course Director Emeritus in Human Physiology, St. Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, Missouri, USA and Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, Wisconsin, USA