Exploring Medical Language - Text and Elsevier Adaptive Learning Package, 9th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Exploring Medical Language - Textbook and Flash Cards, 9e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Part 1: Introduction to Word Parts and Human Body Structure 1. Introduction to Medical Language and Online Learning 2. Body Structure, Color, and Oncology 3. Directional Terms, Planes, Positions, Regions, and Quadrants
Part 2: Body Systems 4. Integumentary System 5. Respiratory System and Introduction to Diagnostic Procedures and Tests 6. Urinary System 7. Male Reproductive System 8. Female Reproductive System 9. Obstetrics and Neonatology 10. Cardiovascular, Immune, and Lymphatic Systems and Blood 11. Digestive System 12. Eye 13. Ear 14. Musculoskeletal System 15. Nervous System and Behavioral Health 16. Endocrine System
Appendixes (Print Only) A. Combining Forms, Prefixes, and Suffixes Alphabetized According to Word Part B. Combining Forms, Prefixes, and Suffixes Alphabetized According to Definition C. Abbreviations D. Pharmacology Terms
Appendixes (Evolve) E. Additional Combining Forms, Prefixes, and Suffixes F. Health Care Delivery Terms G. Complementary and Alternative Medicine Therapies H. Behavioral Health Terms I. Clinical Research Terms J. Nutrition Terms K. Dental Terms L. Health Information Technology Terms
Illustration Credits Bibliography
Myrna LaFleur Brooks, RN, BEd, Founding President of the National Association of Health Unit Clerks/Coordinators, Faculty Emeritus, Maricopa County Community College District, Phoenix, AZ and Danielle LaFleur Brooks, MEd, MA, Faculty, Medical Assisting and Allied Health and Science
Community College of Vermont