Elsevier Adaptive Learning for The Human Body in Health and Illness,5th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to The Human Body in Health and Illness, 5e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
1. Introduction to the Human Body 2. Basic Chemistry 3. Cells 4. Cell Metabolism 5. Microbiology Basics 6. Tissues and Membranes 7. Integumentary System and Body Temperature 8. Skeletal System 9. Muscular System 10. Nervous System: Nervous Tissue and Brain 11. Nervous System: Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerves 12. Autonomic Nervous System 13. Sensory System 14. Endocrine System 15. Blood 16. Anatomy of the Heart 17. Function of the Heart 18. Anatomy of the Blood Vessels 19. Functions of the Blood Vessels 20. Lymphatic System 21. Immune System 22. Respiratory System 23. Digestive System 24. Urinary System 25. Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance 26. Reproductive Systems 27. Human Development and Heredity
Barbara Herlihy, PhD(Physiology), RN, Professor, University of the Incarnate Word, School of Nursing and Health Professions, San Antonio, TX