Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Surgical Technology (Access Card), 6th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Surgical Technology, 6th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Part I: Surgical Technology Principles 1. The Surgical Technologist 2. Communication and Teamwork 3. Law, Documentation and Professional Ethics 4. The Healthcare Facility
Perioperative Environment Facility Departments and Functions Healthcare Administration
5. NEW! Disaster Preparedness and Response 6. The Patient 7. Diagnostic and Assessment Procedures 8. Environmental Hazards 9. Microbes and the Process of Infection 10. The Principles and Practice of Aseptic Technique 11. Decontamination, Sterilization, and Disinfection 12. Surgical Instruments 13. Perioperative Pharmacology 14. Anesthesia and Physiological Monitoring 15. Post Anesthesia Recovery 16. Death and Dying 17. Physics and Information Technology 18. Energy Sources in Surgery 19. Moving, Handling, and Positioning the Surgical Patient 20. Surgical Skin Prep and Draping 21. Case Planning and Intraoperative Roles 22. Management of the Surgical Wound
Part II: Surgical Technology Practice 23. General Surgery
Abdominal Wall Gastrointestinal Surgery of the Biliary System, Liver, Pancreas, and Spleen Breast Surgery
24. Minimally Invasive Endoscopic and Robotic-Assisted Surgery 25. Gynecological and Obstetrical Surgery
Gynecological Surgery Obstetrical Surgery
26.Genitourinary Surgery 27. Ophthalmic Surgery 28. Surgery of the Ear, Nose, Pharynx, and Larynx
The Ear Surgery of the Nasal Cavity, Oropharynx, and Larynx The Neck
29. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 30. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 31. Orthopedic Surgery 32. Peripheral Vascular Surgery 33. Thoracic and Pulmonary Surgery 34. Cardiac Surgery 35. Pediatric Surgery 36. Neurosurgery 37. NEW! Trauma Surgery Glossary Index
Joanna Kotcher Fuller, BA, BSN, RN, RGN, MPH, Emergency Medical Coordinator, Medical Emergency Relief International, UK-Global