Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Today's Medical Assistant, 2nd Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Learning
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Today's Medical Assistant, 2e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION TO MEDICAL ASSISTING 1. The Health Care System 2. The Professional Medical Assistant 3. Ethics and Law for the Medical Office 4. Interacting with Patients
SECTION 2: ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY 5. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology 6. Integumentary System 7. Skeletal System 8. Muscular System 9. Nervous System 10. The Senses 11. Endocrine System 12. Circulatory System 13. Respiratory System 14. Digestive System 15. Urinary System 16. Reproductive System
SECTION 3: CLINICAL COMPONENT 17. Medical Asepsis and the OSHA Standard 18. Sterilization and Disinfection 19. Vital Signs 20. The Physical Examination 21. Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures 22. Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing 23. The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care 24. The Pediatric Examination 25. Minor Office Surgery 26. Administration of Medication and Intravenous Therapy 27. Cardiopulmonary Procedures 28. Specialty Examinations and Procedures: Colon Procedures, Male Reproductive Health, and Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging 29. Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory 30. Urinalysis 31. Phlebotomy 32. Hematology 33. Blood Chemistry and Serology 34. Medical Microbiology 35. Emergency Medical Procedures
SECTION 4: ADMINISTRATIVE COMPONENT 36. The Medical Record 37. Patient Reception 38. Medical Office Computerization 39. Telephone Techniques 40. Scheduling Appointments 41. Medical Records Management 42. Written Communications 43. Mail 44. Managing Practice Finances 45. Medical Coding 46. Medical Insurance 47. Billing and Collections 48. The Medical Assistant as Office Manager 49. Emergency Protective Practice s for the Medical Office 50. Obtaining Employment
Appendices A. Medical Abbreviations B. Spanish-English Phrases C. Community Resources for the Medical Assistant Glossary