Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant (eCommerce Version), 8th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Learning
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant, 8e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Introduction 1. Becoming a Successful Student 2. The Healthcare Industry
Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting 3. The Medical Assisting Profession 4. Professional Behavior in the Workplace 5. Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior 6. Medicine and Ethics 7. Medicine and Law
Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting 8. Computer Concepts 9. Telephone Techniques 10. Scheduling Appointments 11. Patient Reception and Processing 12. Office Environment and Daily Operations 13. Written Communications and Mail Processing
Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office 14. The Paper Medical Record 15. The Electronic Medical Record 16. Health Information Management 17. Privacy in the Physician’s Office
Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures 18. Basics of Diagnostic Coding 19. Basics of Procedure Coding 20. Basics of Health Insurance 21. The Health Insurance Claim Form 22. Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting
Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management 23. Banking Services and Procedures 24. Management of Practice Finances 25. Medical Practice Management and Human Resources 26. Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
Unit Six: Assisting with Medical Specialties 27. Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies
Unit Seven: Career Development 28. Career Development and Life Skills
Alexandra Patricia Adams, BBA, RMA, CMA (AAMA), MA, Adjunct Instructor, Everest College, Arlington Midcities Campus, Arlington, TX; Professional Writer, Grand Prairie, TX; Formerly, Director of Admissions, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX; Formerly, Program Director, Medical Assisting/HIM Programs, Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Irving, TX