Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant with ICD-10 Supplement, 8th Edition
List Price: $99.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Prepare for a successful career in medical assisting! Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant, 8th Edition helps you learn the real-world administrative skills essential to working in the health care office. In-depth coverage ranges from professional behavior and interpersonal skills to billing and coding, electronic health records and management of practice finances. Written by administrative medical assisting expert Alexandra Adams, this classic resource also includes an Evolve companion website with exercises and activities, videos, review questions for the CMA and RMA certification exams, and an interactive portfolio builder.
- Step-by-step, illustrated procedures make it easier to learn and understand medical assisting skills, and include rationales for each step.
- Detailed learning objectives and vocabulary with definitions in each chapter help you study more effectively, with connections icons linking concepts in the text to exercises in the study guide and on the Evolve companion website.
- Threaded case scenarios let you develop critical thinking skills and apply concepts learned in each chapter to realistic administrative situations.
- Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies chapter prepares you to take action during crises and urgent situations.
- Patient education and legal and ethical issues are described in relation to the Medical Assistant's job.
- A Portfolio Builder on the Evolve website helps you demonstrate proficiency to potential employers.
- Study Guide includes a variety of exercises to test your knowledge and critical thinking skills, case scenarios from the book, and a Procedure Checklists Manual. Sold separately.
- NEW! ICD-10 supplemental chapter content prepares students for the upcoming switch to the new coding system.
- NEW! Charting examples within the procedures are highlighted for easier learning.
- UPDATED coverage of the Electronic Health Record ensures that you are familiar with the technology you'll use on the job.
1. Becoming a Successful Student
2. The Healthcare Industry
Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting
3. The Medical Assisting Profession
4. Professional Behavior in the Workplace
5. Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior
6. Medicine and Ethics
7. Medicine and Law
Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting
8. Computer Concepts
9. Telephone Techniques
10. Scheduling Appointments
11. Patient Reception and Processing
12. Office Environment and Daily Operations
13. Written Communications and Mail Processing
Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office
14. The Paper Medical Record
15. The Electronic Medical Record
16. Health Information Management
17. Privacy in the Physician’s Office
Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures
18. Basics of Diagnostic Coding
19. Basics of Procedure Coding
20. Basics of Health Insurance
21. The Health Insurance Claim Form
22. Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting
Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management
23. Banking Services and Procedures
24. Management of Practice Finances
25. Medical Practice Management and Human Resources
26. Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
Unit Six: Assisting with Medical Specialties
27. Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies
Unit Seven: Career Development
28. Career Development and Life Skills
Alexandra Patricia Adams, BBA, RMA, CMA (AAMA), MA, Adjunct Instructor, Everest College, Arlington Midcities Campus, Arlington, TX; Professional Writer, Grand Prairie, TX; Formerly, Director of Admissions, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX; Formerly, Program Director, Medical Assisting/HIM Programs, Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Irving, TX