Medical Terminology Online for Medical Terminology & Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding, 2nd Edition
Medical Terminology Online for Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding, 2nd Edition helps you develop the specialized vocabulary needed in the clinical setting, understand the relationship between anatomy and physiology and medical terminology, make associations between medical terms and ICD-10 codes, and acquire word analysis skills to define unfamiliar terms.
- Outcome-based learning, designed to map to specific module objectives, provides both you and your instructor with feedback about learning outcomes and ensures you are meeting course objectives.
- Interactive exercises including word building, identification, spelling, pronunciation, matching, multiple-choice, true or false, fill-in-blank, labelling, and case studies offer you frequent opportunities to recall and recognize medical terms with the goal of rehearsing them into long-term memory.
- Medical record activities and case studies with embedded questions familiarize you with a variety of entries in the medical record and demonstrate why knowledge of medical terminology is so important in the clinical setting.
- English/Spanish glossary contains over 6,000 terms gives you quick access to the pronunciation and definition of key terms.
- Over 50 animations and slide shows with narration demonstrate and describe physiologic and pathologic processes.
- 600 anatomical and disease and disorder illustrations and many drawings and graphics visually reinforce your understanding.
Feature/Description: Certificate of completion
Benefit: A passing grade on a final exam over the content in all the modules leads to a certificate of completion, which offers documentation that student did complete the course. Available on Evolve only.
Feature/Description: Updated for mobile devices
Benefit: Students can now use mobile devices and tablets to complete course.
Feature/Description: New updated content and design
Benefit: New terms and abbreviations reflecting advances in technology and changes in healthcare delivery system are incorporated into a pleasing new design.
1. Introduction to Medical Terminology
2. Body Structure and Directional Terminology
3. Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
4. Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
5. Digestive System
6. Genitourinary System
7. Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium
8. Blood, Blood-Forming Organs, and the Immune Mechanism
9. Circulatory System
10. Respiratory System
11. Nervous System
12. Mental And Behavioral Disorders
13. Eye and Adnexa
14. Ear and Mastoid Process
15. Endocrine System and Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases
Betsy J. Shiland, MS, RHIA, CCS, CPC, CPHQ, CTR, CHDA, CPB, AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS Academy Trainer
Allied Health Department
Community College of Philadelphia