Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Secrets - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Written in the proven Secrets® question-and-answer format, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Secrets, 3rd Edition is an authoritative source for the effective and safe practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS) — and the ideal preparation tool for clinical rotations, exams, and board certification in OMS. Thoroughly revised and updated with the most current clinical information, this new edition provides dental students, OMS residents, and clinicians with practical tips, answers, and secrets from OMS experts. Best of all, it fits in your lab coat pocket so you can consult it wherever you go!
- Over 2,300 questions and answers offer valuable pearls, tips, memory aids, and secrets from oral and maxillofacial surgery experts in a concise, easy-to-read format.
- Popular and trusted Secrets® question-and-answer format helps you better understand the questions you are asked and provides you with perspective for the questions you ask yourself.
- Edited by two highly respected leaders in oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS), with chapters written by internationally recognized experts in the field, making this an authoritative resource for the safe and effective practice of OMS.
- Convenient pocket size means you can consult this book wherever you go and carry it in your lab coat.
- NEW! 13 all-new chapters bring you the most current clinical information on recent advances in the science and practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- NEW! Cosmetic Surgery section covers the evaluation of the aging face, forehead/belpharoplasty, facelift/neck, rhinoplasty, and non-invasive cosmetic procedures.
- NEW! Updated Secrets® two-color design highlights questions, tables, boxes, and bulleted lists so you can find information more easily.
Part I. Patient Evaluation
1. Are You Ready for Your Surgery Rotation?
2. Pre-operative Evaluation.
4. Laboratory Tests
Part II. Anesthesia - Part Editor
6. Local Anesthesia
7. Intravenous Sedation
8. Inhalational Anesthesia
9. NEW! Anesthesia for Difficult Patients
Part III. Postoperative Care
10. Fluid and Electrolyte Management
11. Nutritional Support
12. Post-operative Complications
13. NEW! ICU Care/Mechanical Ventilation
Part IV. Medical Emergencies
15. Tracheostomy and Cricothyrotomy
Part V. Management Considerations
16. Cardiovascular Disease
17. Respiratory Disease
20. Endocrine/Pregnant Patient
21. The Diabetic Patient
22. Immunocomprised Patient
Part VI: Oral Surgery
Section 1. Basic Surgical Science
23. Applied Surgical Anatomy
24. NEW! Wound Healing
Section 2. Dentoalveolar
25. DA/Pre-prosthetic Surgery
26. Dental Implant
27. Nerve Injury
28. Orofacial Infection/Osteomylitis
Section 3. Trauma
29. NEW! DA Trauma
30. Mandible Fracture
33. Frontal Sinus
34. Soft Tissue Injury
Section 4. Craniofacial
35. Craniofacial Syndrome
36. NEW! Oromandibular Dystopia
37. Syndromes Affecting Orofacial Region
38. Cleft Lip/Palate
39. Orthognathic Surgery
40. NEW! Distraction Osteogenesis
41. Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Section 5. TMJ/Facial Pain
42. Facial Pain/Headache
Section 6. Pathology
45. Oral Cancer
46. Salivary Gland Disease
47. NEW! Vascular Anomalies
48. NEW! Osteoradionecrosis/Osteonecrosis of the Jaws
49. NEW! Neck Mass
Section 7. Reconstruction
50. NEW! Bone Grafting
51. NEW! Local/Regional Flap
52. NEW! Facial Special Unit Reconstruction
53. NEW! Free Flap
Section 8. NEW! Cosmetic
54. Evaluation of Aging Face
58. Non-invasive Cosmetic Procedure
A. Omar Abubaker, DMD, PhD, Professor, and S. Elmer Bear Chair
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
VCU School of Dentistry and VCU Medical Center
Richmond, VA, Din Lam, DMD, MD, Virginia Commonwealth University
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Kenneth J. Benson, DDS, Private Practice, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Apex, NC, Staff Surgeon and Clinical Instructor, Department of Otolaryngology, Wake Medical Center, Raleigh, NC