Laboratory Manual for Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians, 3rd Edition
Learn to apply your A&P learning in the lab setting with Colville and Bassert’s Lab Manual for Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians, 3rd Edition. This practical laboratory resource features a variety of activities, such as crossword puzzles, , terminology exercises, illustration identification and labeling, case presentations, and more to help reinforce your understanding of veterinary anatomy and physiology. The lab manual also features vivid illustrations, lists of terms and structures to be identified, and step-by-step dissection guides to walk you through the dissection process.
- Clinically-oriented learning exercises help readers become familiar with the language of anatomy and physiology as you identify structures and learn concepts.
- Clear step-by-step dissection instructions for complex organs such as the heart familiarize readers with the dissection process in a very visual, easy-to-understand format.
- Learning objectives, the clinical significance of the content, and lists of terms and structures to be identified appear at the beginning of each chapter.
- Comprehensive glossary appears at the end of the lab manual and provides accurate, concise.
- High quality, full color illustrations provides a firm understanding of the details of anatomic structure.
- Review activities and study exercises are included in every chapter to reinforce important information.
- Clinical Application boxes are threaded throughout the lab manual and demonstrate the clinical relevance of anatomic and physiologic principles.
- Companion Evolve site includes answers to the Test Yourself questions in the textbook and crossword puzzles.
- NEW! Overview at a Glance sections outline the main proficiencies of each chapter and include a list of all exercises in the chapter.
1. Anatomical Terms
3. Cell Anatomy
4. Exploring Tissues
5. The Integumentary System
6. The Skeletal System
7. The Muscular System
8. The Nervous System
9. Sense Organs
10. The Endocrine System
11. Blood, Lymph, and Lymph Nodes
12. The Cardiovascular System
13. The Respiratory System
14. The Digestive System
15. The Urinary System
16. The Reproductive System
17. Pregnancy, Development, and Lactation
18. Avian Anatomy
Thomas P. Colville, DVM, MSc, Professor Emeritus Department of Animal Sciences North Dakota State University and Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor Emeritus Program of Veterinary Technology Manor College Jenkintown, PA