Get fast answers to more than 220 anesthetic management problems with Decision Making in Anesthesiology! This fully revised and updated fourth edition examines vital topics in pre-anesthesia assessment, pre-operative problems, resuscitation, specialty anesthesia, post-operative management, and more. Its unique algorithmic approach helps you find the information you need quickly -- and gives you insights into the problem-solving techniques of experienced anesthesiologists that you won't find in any other book!
- See how to identify and resolve specific clinical problems with easy-to-use algorithms.
- Quickly review the key points of more than 220 anesthetic management problems you are likely to encounter in practice.
- Better understand the thought processes behind clinical decisions.
- Access state-of-the-art knowledge on all aspects of anesthesiology, from principles of anesthesia through to chronic pain management.
- Easily absorb difficult clinical information with the aid of more than 250 detailed illustrations.
- Evaluate patients more effectively with cutting-edge guidance on minimum labs, cardiac evaluation, patient coagulation, and advanced directives in a new section on preanesthesia assessment.
- Find essential information on providing anesthesia in remote locations in a new section dedicated solely to this important subject.
1. Principles of Anesthesia
2. Preanesthesia Assessment
4. Preoperative Problems
5. Specialty Anesthesia
6. Postoperative Management
7. Remote Locations