Dental Radiography - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Set yourself up for success with this must-have oral radiography text. Dental Radiography: Principles and Techniques gives you a comprehensive foundation for the safe, effective use of radiation in the modern dental office. This combination textbook and training manual features easy-to-understand content combined with step-by-step techniques and a stellar art program to help you apply what you’ve learned to practice. Plus, new content focuses on pediatrics and the latest in digital and three-dimensional technology!
- Comprehensive coverage offers all the information you need to know to prepare for board exams.
- Step-by-step procedures help ensure technique mastery and serve as a valuable reference tool.
- Technique Tips help you to recognize and prevent the most common performance pitfalls.
- Quiz questions provide valuable self-assessment of important concepts.
- Key terminology is highlighted in chapter discussions and defined in a back-of-book glossary.
- Learning objectives and chapter summaries serve as goal-setting study tools.
- EXPANDED! Content on pediatrics/adolescents, digital imaging, and three-dimensional radiography ensures that you’re prepared to practice in the modern dental office.
- UPDATED! Art program depicts the newest technology and equipment and includes new illustrations of anatomy and technique.
- UNIQUE! Helpful Hint boxes isolate challenging material and offer tips to aid your understanding.
- NEW! Laboratory Manual provides workbook-style questions and activities to reinforce concepts and step-by-step instructions for in-clinic experiences.
- UNIQUE! Chapter on three-dimensional imaging helps you to prepare to enter private practice.
- UNIQUE! Full-color presentation helps you comprehend complex content.
PART I. Radiation Basics 1. Radiation History 2. Radiation Physics 3. Radiation Characteristics 4. Radiation Biology 5. Radiation Protection
PART II. Equipment, Film, and Processing Basics 6. Dental X-Ray Equipment 7. Dental X-Ray Film 8. Dental X-Ray Image Characteristics 9. Dental X-Ray Film Processing 10. Quality Assurance in the Dental Office
PART III. Dental Radiographer Basics 11. Dental Radiographs and the Dental Radiographer 12. Patient Relations and the Dental Radiographer 13. Patient Education and the Dental Radiographer 14. Legal Issues and the Dental Radiographer 15. Infection Control and the Dental Radiographer
PART IV. Technique Basics 16. Introduction to Radiographic Examinations 17. Paralleling Technique 18. Bisecting Technique 19. Bite-Wing Technique 20. Exposure and Technique Errors 21. Occlusal and Localization Techniques 22. Panoramic Imaging 23. Extraoral Imaging 24. Imaging of Patients with Special Needs
PART V. Digital Imaging Basics 25. Digital Imaging 26. Three-Dimensional Digital Imaging
PART VI. Normal Anatomy and Film Mounting Basics 27. Normal Anatomy: Intraoral Images 28. Film Mounting and Viewing 29. Normal Anatomy: Panoramic Images
PART VII. Image Interpretation Basics 30. Introduction to Image Interpretation 31. Descriptive Terminology 32. Identification of Restorations, Dental Materials, and Foreign Objects 33. Interpretation of Dental Caries 34. Interpretation of Periodontal Disease 35. Interpretation of Trauma and Pulpal and Periapical Lesions
Joen Iannucci, DDS, MS, Professor of Clinical Dentistry, Division of Dental Hygiene, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH and Laura Jansen Howerton, RDH, MS, Instructor, Wake Technical Community College, Raleigh, North Carolina