Principles and Practice of Laser Dentistry, 2nd Edition
Expand your skills in the rapidly growing field of laser dentistry! The new second edition of Principles and Practice of Laser Dentistry contains everything you need to know about the latest laser procedures across all areas of dentistry. With vivid clinical photos and easy-to-follow writing, Dr. Robert A. Convissar and his team of dental experts walk you through the most common uses of lasers in areas like: periodontics, periodontal surgery, oral pathology, implantology, fixed and removable prosthetics, cosmetic procedures, endodontics, operative dentistry, pediatrics, orthodontics, and oral and maxillofacial surgery. The book also covers topics such as the history of lasers in dentistry, laser research, the latest laser equipment, and how to go about incorporating lasers into your practice, so that you are fully equipped to use lasers successfully in your treatments.
- The latest evidence-based, authoritative information is written by experts from all areas of dentistry (periodontics, orthodontics, oral surgery, prosthodontics, implants, endodontics, and pediatric and general dentistry).
- Case studies reflect treatment planning and the use of lasers for a variety of pathologies.
- Detailed, full-color art program clearly illustrates preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative procedures.
- Summary tables and boxes provide easy-to-read summaries of essential information.
- Clinical Tips and Caution boxes interspersed throughout the text highlight key clinical points.
- Glossary at the end of the book provides definitions of laser terminology.
- Chapter on Introducing Lasers into the Dental Practice provides guidelines for the investment into lasers.
- NEW! Updated content on regenerative laser periodontal therapy, lasers in implant dentistry, lasers in restorative dentistry, low-level lasers in dentistry, and laser dentistry research reflects the latest technology advancements in the field.
- NEW! More clinical photos, equipment photos, and conceptual illustrations offer a detailed look at how equipment is used and how procedures are completed.
1. Einstein’s "Splendid Light": Origins and Dental Applications
2. Laser Fundamentals
3. Laser-Assisted Nonsurgical Periodontal Therapy
4. Lasers in Surgical Periodontics
5. Regenerative Laser Periodontal Surgery
6. Lasers in Fixed Prosthetic and Cosmetic Reconstruction
7. Lasers in Implant Dentistry
8. Oral Surgery for the General Practitioner
9. Laser-Enhanced Removable Prosthetic Reconstruction
10. Lasers in Restorative Dentistry
11. Lasers in Pediatric Dentistry
12. Soft Tissue Lasers in Orthodontics
13. Lasers in Endodontics
14. Lasers in Major Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
15. Low-level Lasers in Dentistry
16. Introducing Lasers into the Dental Practice
17. Laser Dentistry Research
Robert A. Convissar, DDS, FAGD, Director of Laser Dentistry, New York Hospital Queens, Private Practice, New York, NY DDS, FAGD, Director, Laser Dentistry, New YorK Hospital Queens, Private Practce, New York, New York