Mosby's Radiography Online Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography, 7th Edition
Get help mastering important radiation protection principles with this dynamic online course! Organized around the chapters in Statkiewicz-Sherer’s latest text, Mosby’s Radiography Online (MRO) for Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography, 7th Edition offers 14 interactive modules filled with engaging animations, slideshows, and chapter objectives to help you review the most important radiation protection principles from the text. The modules also feature quizzes with a variety of question formats and a special tutor feature to help you assess your understanding.
- Interactive exercises offer a visual interpretation of key concepts.
- Section objectives are featured at the beginning of each module and include the most important information covered in the section.
- Variety of question formats includes multiple choice, matching, short answer, fill-in-the-blank, true-false and labeling.
- Tutoring feature within the module quizzes offers correct answers and content references if questions are answered incorrectly.
- Audio glossary terms within the modules give users access to the glossary at any point.
Module 1: Introduction to Radiation Protection
Module 2: Radiation: Types, Sources, and Doses Received
Module 3: Interaction of X-radiation with Matter
Module 4: Radiation Quantities and Units
Module 5: Radiation Monitoring
Module 6: Overview of Cell Biology
Module 7: Molecular and Cellular Radiation Biology
Module 8: Early Radiation Effects on Organ Systems
Module 9: Late Radiation Effects on Organ Systems
Module 10: Dose Limits for Exposure to Ionizing Radiation
Module 11: Equipment Design for Radiation Protection
Module 12: Management of Patient Radiation Dose During Diagnostic X-ray Procedures
Module 13: Management of Imaging Personnel Radiation Dose
Module 14: Radioisotopes and Radiation Protection
Mary Alice Statkiewicz Sherer, AS, RT(R), FASRT, Radiography Instructor, High-Tech Institute, Nashville, TN, Paula J. Visconti, PhD, DABR, Director of Medical Physics, Radiation Safety Officer, Memorial Hospital of Burlington County, Mount Holly, NJ and E. Russell Ritenour, PhD, DABR, FAAPM, FACR, Professor and Director of Physics Section, Department of Radiology, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN