Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Foundations of Mental Health Care, 5th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing - Next Generation
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Foundations of Mental Health Care, 5th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing (EAQ) is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. EAQ is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might be overconfident and require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- Engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you can navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
UNIT ONE: Mental Health Care: Past and Present
1. The History of Mental Health Care
2. Current Mental Health Care Systems
3. Ethical and Legal Issues
4. Sociocultural Issues
5. Theories and Therapies
6. Complementary and Alternative Therapies NEW!
7. Psychotherapeutic Drug Therapy
UNIT TWO: The Caregiver’s Therapeutic Skills
8. Skills and Principles of Mental Health Care
9. Mental Health Assessment Skills
10. Therapeutic Communication
11. The Therapeutic Relationship
12. The Therapeutic Environment
UNIT THREE: Mental Health Problems Throughout The Life Cycle
13. Problems of Childhood
14. Problems of Adolescence
15. Problems of Adulthood
16. Problems of Late Adulthood
17. Cognitive Impairment, Alzheimer’s Disease, and Dementia
UNIT FOUR: Patients With Psychological Problems
18. Managing Anxiety
19. Illness and Hospitalization
20. Loss and Grief
21. Depression and Other Mood Disorders
22. Physical Problems, Psychological Sources
23. Eating and Sleeping Disorders
24. Dissociative Disorders
UNIT FIVE: Patients With Psychosocial Problems
25. Anger and Aggression
26. Outward-Focused Emotions: Violence
27. Inward-Focused Emotions: Suicide
28. Substance-Related Disorders
29. Sexual Disorders
30. Personality Disorders
31. Schizophrenia and Other Psychoses
32. Chronic Mental Health Disorders
33. Challenges for the Future
Appendix A: Standards of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Practice
Appendix B: DSM-IV-TR Classification
Appendix C: Mental Status Assessment at a Glance
Appendix D: A Simple Method to Determine Tardive Dyskinesia Symptoms: AIMS Examination Procedure
Michelle Morrison-Valfre, RN, BSN, MHS, FNP, Health Care Educator/Consultant, Heatlh and Education Consultants, Forest Grove, OR and Elsevier