Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing, 7th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the NCLEX exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the NCLEX examination.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable NCLEX exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
UNIT I: An Overview of Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
1. The Past, Present, and Future
UNIT II: Maternal-Newborn Nursing and Women’s Health
2. Human Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology
3. Fetal Development
4. Prenatal Care and Adaptations to Pregnancy
5. Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Pregnancy
6. Nursing Care of Mother and Infant during Labor and Birth
7. Nursing Management of Pain during Labor and Birth
8. Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Labor and Birth
9. The Family after Birth
10. Nursing Care of Women with Complications Following Birth
11. The Nurse’s Role in Women’s Health Care
12. The Term Newborn
13. Preterm and Post-Term Newborns
14. The Newborn with a Perinatal Injury or Congenital Malformation
UNIT III: The Growing Child and Family
15. An Overview of Growth, Development, and Nutrition
16. The Infant
17. The Toddler
18. The Preschool Child
19. The School-Age Child
20. The Adolescent
UNIT IV: Adapting Care to the Pediatric Patient
21. The Child’s Experience of Hospitalization
22. Health Care Adaptations for the Child and Family
UNIT V: The Child Needing Nursing Care
23. The Child with a Sensory or Neurological Condition
24. The Child with a Musculoskeletal Condition
25. The Child with a Respiratory Disorder
26. The Child with a Cardiovascular Disorder
27. The Child with a Condition of the Blood, Blood-Forming Organs or Lymphatic System
28. The Child with a Gastrointestinal Condition
29. The Child with a Genitourinary Condition
30. The Child with a Skin Condition
31. The Child with a Metabolic Condition
32. Childhood Communicable Diseases, Bioterrorism, Natural Disasters and the Maternal-Child Patient
33. The Child with an Emotional or Behavioral Condition
UNIT VI: The Changing Health Care Environment
34. Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
Appendix A. Standard Precautions and Transmission-Based Isolation Precautions
Appendix B. Sequence for Donning and Removing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Appendix C. The Joint Commission’s Lists of Dangerous Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Symbols
Appendix D. Commonly Used Abbreviations in Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
Appendix E. Common Spanish Phrases for Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
Appendix F. Multilingual Glossary of Symptoms
Appendix G. Conversion of Pounds and Ounces to Grams for Newborn Weights
Appendix H. Normal Vital Signs and Temperature Equivalents of Infants and Children
Appendix I. Pediatric Laboratory Reference
Appendix J. Blood Pressure Classifications in Children
Complete Bibliography and Reader References
NANDA-I Approved Nursing Diagnoses, 2012-2014