Introduction to Maternity & Pediatric Nursing and Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing Package,7th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing, 7th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the NCLEX exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the NCLEX examination.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable NCLEX exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
UNIT I: An Overview of Maternity and Pediatric Nursing 1. The Past, Present, and Future UNIT II: Maternal-Newborn Nursing and Women’s Health 2. Human Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology 3. Fetal Development 4. Prenatal Care and Adaptations to Pregnancy 5. Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Pregnancy 6. Nursing Care of Mother and Infant during Labor and Birth 7. Nursing Management of Pain during Labor and Birth 8. Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Labor and Birth 9. The Family after Birth 10. Nursing Care of Women with Complications Following Birth 11. The Nurse’s Role in Women’s Health Care 12. The Term Newborn 13. Preterm and Post-Term Newborns 14. The Newborn with a Perinatal Injury or Congenital Malformation UNIT III: The Growing Child and Family 15. An Overview of Growth, Development, and Nutrition 16. The Infant 17. The Toddler 18. The Preschool Child 19. The School-Age Child 20. The Adolescent UNIT IV: Adapting Care to the Pediatric Patient 21. The Child’s Experience of Hospitalization 22. Health Care Adaptations for the Child and Family UNIT V: The Child Needing Nursing Care 23. The Child with a Sensory or Neurological Condition 24. The Child with a Musculoskeletal Condition 25. The Child with a Respiratory Disorder 26. The Child with a Cardiovascular Disorder 27. The Child with a Condition of the Blood, Blood-Forming Organs or Lymphatic System 28. The Child with a Gastrointestinal Condition 29. The Child with a Genitourinary Condition 30. The Child with a Skin Condition 31. The Child with a Metabolic Condition 32. Childhood Communicable Diseases, Bioterrorism, Natural Disasters and the Maternal-Child Patient 33. The Child with an Emotional or Behavioral Condition UNIT VI: The Changing Health Care Environment 34. Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Maternity and Pediatric Nursing APPENDIXES Appendix A. Standard Precautions and Transmission-Based Isolation Precautions Appendix B. Sequence for Donning and Removing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Appendix C. The Joint Commission’s Lists of Dangerous Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Symbols Appendix D. Commonly Used Abbreviations in Maternity and Pediatric Nursing Appendix E. Common Spanish Phrases for Maternity and Pediatric Nursing Appendix F. Multilingual Glossary of Symptoms Appendix G. Conversion of Pounds and Ounces to Grams for Newborn Weights Appendix H. Normal Vital Signs and Temperature Equivalents of Infants and Children Appendix I. Pediatric Laboratory Reference Appendix J. Blood Pressure Classifications in Children Complete Bibliography and Reader References Index NANDA-I Approved Nursing Diagnoses, 2012-2014
Gloria Leifer, MA, RN, CNE, Professor, Obstetric and Pediatric Nursing, Riverside City College, Riverside, CA and Elsevier