Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Medical-Surgical Nursing (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Medical-Surgical Nursing, Concepts & Practice, 2nd Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the NCLEX exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the NCLEX examination.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable NCLEX exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Unit One: Medical-Surgical Nursing Settings, Roles, and Issues
1. Caring for Medical-Surgical Patients
2. Critical Thinking and Nursing Process
Unit Two: Medical-Surgical Patient Care Problems
3. Fluids, Electrolytes, Acid-Base Balance, and Intravenous Therapy
4. Care of Preoperative and Intraoperative Surgical Patients
5. Care of Postoperative Surgical Patients
6. Infection Prevention and Control
7. Care of Patients with Pain
8. Care of Patients with Cancer
9. Chronic Illness and Rehabilitation
Unit Three: Immune System
10. The Immune and Lymphatic Systems
11. Care of Patients with HIV/AIDS
12. Care of Patients with Immune and Lymphatic Disorders
Unit Four: Respiratory System
13. The Respiratory System
14. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Upper Respiratory System
15. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Lower Respiratory System
Unit Five: Hematologic System
16. The Hematologic System
17. Care of Patients with Hematologic Disorders
Unit Six: Cardiovascular System
18. The Cardiovascular System
19. Care of Patients with Hypertension and Peripheral Vascular Disease
20. Care of Patients with Cardiac Disorders
21. Care of Patients with Coronary Artery Disease and Cardiac Surgery
Unit Seven: Neurologic System
22. The Neurologic System
23. Care of Patients with Head and Spinal Cord Injuries
24. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Brain
25. Care of Patients with Degenerative Neurologic Disorders
Unit Eight: Sensory System
26. The Sensory System: Eye and Ear
27. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Eyes and Ears
Unit Nine: Gastrointestinal System
28. The Gastrointestinal System
29. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Upper Gastrointestinal System
30. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Lower Gastrointestinal System
31. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Gallbladder, Liver, and Pancreas
Unit Ten: Musculoskeletal System
32. The Musculoskeletal System
33. Care of Patients with Musculoskeletal and Connective Tissue Disorders
Unit Eleven: Urinary System
34. The Urinary System
35. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Urinary System
Unit Twelve: Endocrine System
36. The Endocrine System
37. Care of Patients with Pituitary, Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Adrenal Disorders
38. Care of Patients with Diabetes and Hypoglycemia
Unit Thirteen: Reproductive System
39. Care of Women with Reproductive Disorders
40. Care of Men with Reproductive Disorders
41. Care of Patients with Sexually Transmitted Infections
Unit Fourteen: Integumentary System
42. The Integumentary System
43. Care of Patients with Integumentary Disorders and Burns
Unit Fifteen: Emergency and Disaster Management
44. Care of Patients in Disasters or Bioterrorism Attack
45. Care of Patients with Trauma or Shock
Unit Sixteen: Mental Health Nursing of the Adult
46. Care of Patients with Anxiety, Mood, and Eating Disorders
47. Care of Patients with Substance Abuse Disorders
48. Care of Patients with Cognitive Disorders
49. Care of Patients with Thought and Personality Disorders
Appendix A: Most Common Laboratory Test Values
Appendix B: Standard Precautions
Appendix C: Standard Steps for All Nursing Procedures
Appendix D: Answers to Review Questions for the NCLEX Examination
Susan C. deWit, MSN, RN, CNS, PHN, Formerly, Instructor of Nursing, El Centro College, Dallas, TX; and Allan Hancock College, Santa Maria, CA and Elsevier