Merrill's Pocket Guide to Radiography - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),13th Edition
Designed for quick reference in the clinical environment, Merrill's Pocket Guide to Radiography is a pocket-sized companion to Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures, 13th Edition that summarizes essential information for 170 of the most frequently requested projections radiographers will encounter in clinical practice. This handy reference is tabbed for easy access to information and also includes computed radiography information and diagnostic-quality radiographs for reference with each positioning presentation.
- Diagnostic-quality radiographs demonstrate desired imaging results.
- Key positioning information is formatted for quick and easy access.
- Each procedure is presented in a two-color, two-page spread with bulleted, step-by-step procedures and accompanying images on the top page; and a chart with spaces to fill in the specific techniques used for a particular projection on the bottom page.
- Section dividers with tabs offer quick access to each section.
- Computed radiography information allows you to make the subtle adjustments necessary to obtain optimal results with CR.
- Exposure technique chart for every projection helps reduce the number of repeat radiographs and improves overall image quality.
- Abbreviations and external landmark charts on the inside covers provide quick access to frequently needed information.
- kVp values are included for each projection.
- Compensating filter information included for those projections where filters are used.
- New exposure index column for use with digital imaging systems
- Specific collimation settings for all projections done using DR Systems
I. Upper limb
II. Lower limb
III. Vertebral column
VII. Mobile Radiography
Grid Conversion Factors
Bruce W. Long, MS, RT(R)(CV), FASRT, Director and Associate Professor, Radiologic Imaging and Sciences Programs, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA, Jeannean Hall Rollins, MRC, BSRT(R)(CV), Associate Professor, Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
Arkansas State University
Jonesboro, AR, USA and Barbara J. Smith, MS, RT(R)(QM), FASRT, FAEIRS, Instructor, Radiologic Technology, Medical Imaging Department, Portland Community College, Portland, OR, USA