Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN Exam - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Prepare for the NCLEX with this fun, full-color review! Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 9th Edition uses colorful drawings and mnemonic cartoons to cover the nursing concepts and content found on the NCLEX-RN examination. A concise outline format makes studying easier, and the Evolve companion website includes 2,500 NCLEX exam-style review questions (including alternate item formats) — allowing you to create practice exams, identify your strengths and weaknesses, and review answers and rationales. Written by NCLEX expert JoAnn Zerwekh, this study guide offers a clear, visual way to remember key facts for the NCLEX exam.
- UNIQUE! Mnemonic cartoons provide a fun, easy way to review and remember key nursing concepts and disease processes.
- UNIQUE! The integrated systems approach incorporates pediatric, adult, maternity, and older adult lifespan considerations in each body system chapter.
- Practice questions on the Evolve companion website are available in both study and quiz modes and separated by content area, allowing you to customize your review based on your personal study needs.
- UNIQUE! Appendixes for each chapter summarize medications and nursing procedures for quick reference.
- Alternate item format questions on Evolve prepare you for the interactive question types on the NCLEX examination, including priority drag-and-drop and hot-spot (illustrated point-and-click) questions.
- Answers and rationales for all review questions show why correct answers are right and incorrect options are wrong.
- Separate chapters on pharmacology and nursing management help you to focus on these areas of emphasis on the NCLEX examination.
- Nursing Priority boxes make it easier to distinguish priorities of nursing care.
- Pharmacology tables make key drug information easy to find, with high-alert medications noted by a special icon.
- Special icons distinguish pediatric and adult disorders, and identify content on Self-Care and Home Care.
- UPDATED content reflects the most recent NCLEX-RN test plan and incorporates important clinical updates.
- NEW! 2,500 review questions are now included on the Evolve companion website, adding more 200 questions to the total on the previous edition.
- NEW! Addition of SI Units and removal of trade-name drugs reflects changes in the NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! Additional alternate item questions are included on Evolve, and new questions incorporating video are also added.
- NEW! Test Alert! boxes in the book highlight key concepts frequently found on the NCLEX examination.
- NEW! Additional memory notecard-type illustrations are included in the book to accommodate visual learners.
1. Testing Strategies for the NCLEX-RN® Examination
2. Health Implications Across the Life Span
3. Concepts of Nursing Practice
4. Nursing Management and Ethical/Legal Concepts
5. Emergency and Disaster Preparedness and Bioterrorism
6. Pharmacology and Medication Administration
7. Homeostasis Concepts
8. Immune: Care of the Adult, Maternity, and Pediatric Clients
9. Cancer Concepts
10. Psychosocial Nursing Care
11. Integumentary: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
12. Sensory: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
13. Endocrine: Care of Adult, Maternity, and Pediatric Clients
14. Hematology: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
15. Respiratory: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
16. Vascular: Care of Adult Clients
17. Cardiac: Care of Adult, Maternity, and Pediatric Clients
18. Gastrointestinal: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
19. Hepatic and Biliary: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
20. Neurology: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
21. Musculoskeletal: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
22. Reproductive: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
23. Urinary-Renal: Care of Adult and Pediatric Clients
24. Maternity Nursing Care
25. Newborn Nursing Care
Appendix: Normal Laboratory Data
References and Resources
JoAnn Zerwekh, EdD, RN, President/CEO, Nursing Education Consultants, Chandler, AZ; Nursing Faculty - Online Campus, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ