Drug Calculations - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 10th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Extensively covering the ratio and proportion method, Drug Calculations: Ratio and Proportion Problems for Clinical Practice, 10th Edition is known for its realistic practice problems and unique "proof" step in the answer key that lets students double-check their answers to avoid medication errors. This text addresses the current issue of patient safety with respect to accurate drug dosages through the inclusion of QSEN competencies recommendations — and with features such as new Clinical Relevance boxes and Clinical Alerts that call attention to situations in actual practice that have resulted in drug errors. Your students will get extensive hands-on practice for the NCLEX Exam through the text’s drug calculation problems, critical thinking exercises, worksheets, and assessment tests.
- Over 1,100 practice problems in ratio and proportion offer the extensive practice needed to become proficient in drug calculations.
- Step-by-step format for each problem includes a unique Proof step in the answer key to ensure that you understand the solution.
- Patient Safety chapter helps you prevent medication errors and understand drug labels, medication administration forms, and physician's order forms.
- Multiple-choice Worksheets within each chapter help you prepare for the NCLEX examination.
- Critical thinking exercises aid you in applying analytical skills and drug calculations to clinical practice.
- Clinical Alerts highlight potential and common drug calculation errors.
- Full-color drug labels and equipment illustrations provide you with a realistic representation of medication administration and what you will encounter in the clinical setting.
- Detailed coverage of the ratio and proportion method provides a logical, accurate, and consistent method of drug calculation.
- Worksheets follow each chapter section for additional practice and application of drug calculations.
- NEW! Vocabulary section at the beginning of each chapter provides you with a convenient reference to definitions of terms used throughout the chapter.
- NEW! Clinical Relevance boxes integrate medication–related clinical practice concepts, such as: nursing practice, high-risk medications, safety issues, and common administration errors.
General Mathematics Self Assessment
1. General Mathematics
2. Ratio & Proportion
3. Safe Medication Administration
4. Medication Measurements and Oral Dose Calculations
5. Injectable Medication Calculations
6. Reconstitution of Medications from Powders and Crystals: Oral and Intramuscular
7. Basic Intravenous Therapy Calculations
8. Advanced Intravenous Calculations
9. Parenteral Nutrition
10. Insulin Administration
12. Children’s Dosages
Multiple Choice Final
Meta Brown, RN, Med, Retired Colonel, U.S. Army Field Hospital; Nursing Education Consultant; Former Director, Division of Nursing, Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ and Joyce L. Mulholland, MS, RN, ANP, MA, Nursing Education Consultant, Tucson, AZ