Review Questions and Answers for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition
Make sure you’re prepared for the VTNE with the completely updated Review Questions and Answers for Veterinary Technicians! Author Heather Prendergast breathes new life into this edition with 5,000 questions that have been reviewed and revised to reflect the most recent changes to the VTNE. The content begins with a Foundation of Knowledge Review that addresses hospital management, calculations, terminology, and anatomy and physiology. The second part focuses on VTNE review with complete coverage of the nine primary subject areas on the exam, including the newest domains of pain management/analgesia and emergency medicine/critical care. A companion Evolve website helps build your knowledge and confidence with an electronic testing experience. You can create customized practice tests and take timed practice exams that mirror the actual VTNE and provide instant feedback and detailed rationales. Exam results are archived to allow you to keep track of your progress in each domain.
- Answers with rationales and sources for correct and incorrect answers on the Evolve companion website help you understand the reasoning and knowledge behind each answer and assist with recalling correct answers.
- Questions are written specifically for veterinary technician students and practicing veterinary technicians to cover the essential information you need to succeed on the VTNE.
- Multiple-choice question format mirrors the questions on the VTNE.
- A variety of questions at different difficulty levels increase your VTNE scoring potential by testing factual knowledge, reasoning skills, and clinical judgment related to veterinary technician duties.
- NEW! A simulated VTNE testing environment on the companion Evolve website features a bank of 5,000 questions, allowing you to create customized practice tests and take timed practice exams that provide instant feedback and extended rationales.
- NEW! Questions on pain management/analgesia and emergency and critical care prepare you for these two domains on the VTNE.
- NEW! 5,000 revised and updated multiple-choice questions reflect the latest VTNE test format to ensure you have the most up-to-date exam review and preparation.
Part One: Foundation of Knowledge Review Section 1: Anatomy and Physiology Section 2: Hospital Management Section 3: Calculations Section 4: Terminology
Part Two: VTNE Review Section 5: Pharmacology Section 6: Surgical Nursing Section 7: Dentistry Section 8: Laboratory Procedures Section 9: Animal Nursing Section 10: Diagnostic Imaging Section 11: Anesthesia Section 12: Emergency and Critical Care Section 13: Pain Management and Analgesia Section 14: Exotic Animals
Appendix: Answer Key
Heather Prendergast, BS, AS, RVT, CVPM, Certified Practice Manager, Jornada Veterinary Clinic, Las Cruces, New Mexico