Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2015 Edition (Access Code),
Learn and practice medical coding anytime, anywhere with Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2015 Edition! Reinforcing concepts from Carol J. Buck’s Step-by-Step text, this complete online coding course offers convenient self-study and assessment, including the latest coverage of reimbursement, ICD-10-CM, ICD-9-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding. Interactive lessons incorporate animations, photographs, drawings, narrated slide shows, case-based exercises, pop-up definitions, and professional insights.
- Dual coding addresses the transition to ICD-10 by providing coding answers in both ICD-10 and ICD-9.
- Interactive review exercises include a special case-based coding activity (including sequencing), as well as matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false questions.
- Real-life coding reports, cleared of all confidential information, provide real-world experience with reports you will encounter in practice.
- Over 125 illustrations include medical procedures and conditions that help you understand the services being coded, as well as images from Carol J. Buck's professional ICD and HCPCS manuals that familiarize you with the format of professional coding manuals.
- Complete coverage of ICD-10-CM prepares you for the transition to ICD-10.
- Synopses of textbook lessons in each online chapter reinforce learning and serve as helpful review tools.
- From the Trenches boxes offer valuable tips and helpful advice for working in today’s medical coding field.
- Automatically scored exams measure your mastery of chapter content.
- Definitions for 650 terms may be accessed with a single click, through hyperlinks to the glossary.
- Hyperlinks connect you to related websites and other Elsevier resources for enhanced learning.
- UPDATED content includes the latest coding information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
- NEW! Additional animations in CPT chapters improve your understanding of important coding concepts.
1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM
3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
4. Using ICD-10-CM
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
7. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
8. An Overview of ICD-9-CM
9. ICD-9-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
10. Using ICD-9-CM
11. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-9-CM Chapters 1-8)
12. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-9-CM Chapters 9-17)
13. Introduction to CPT and Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
15. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
17. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
18. Integumentary System
19. Musculoskeletal System
20. Respiratory System
21. Cardiovascular System
22. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
23. Digestive System
24. Urinary and Male Genital Systems
25. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery
26. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
27. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
31. Inpatient Coding
Online Course Updates
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN