2015 HCPCS Level II Professional Edition - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,
For quick, accurate, and efficient coding, choose 2015 HCPCS Level II, Professional Edition. In an easy-to-use, spiral-bound format, this full-color reference presents the latest Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System codes to help you comply with coding regulations, confidently locate specific codes, manage reimbursement for supplies, report patient data, code Medicare cases, prepare for ICD-10 coding, and more. This professional edition includes such features as Netter’s Anatomy illustrations, dental codes, and ASC (Ambulatory Surgical Center) payment and status indicators.
- UNIQUE! Full-color Netter’s Anatomy illustrations clarify complex anatomic information and how it affects coding.
- At-a-glance code listings and distinctive symbols identify all new, revised, reinstated, and deleted codes for 2015.
- The American Hospital Association Coding Clinic® for HCPCS citations provides sources for information about specific codes and their usage.
- Convenient spiral binding provides easy access in practice settings.
- Quantity feature highlights units of service allowable per patient, per day, as listed in the Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) for enhanced accuracy on claims.
- Drug code annotations identify brand-name drugs as well as drugs that appear on the National Drug Class (NDC) directory and other Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drugs.
- Color-coded Table of Drugs makes it easier to find specific drug information.
- Durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies (DMEPOS) indicators clearly identify supplies to report to durable medical third-party payers.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) payment and status indicators show which codes are payable in the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System.
- American Dental Association (ADA) Current Dental Terminology code sets offer access to all dental codes in one place.
- Jurisdiction symbols show the appropriate contractor to be billed for suppliers submitting claims to Medicare contractors, Part B carriers, and Medicare administrative contractors submitting for DMEPOS services provided.
- Special coverage information provides alerts when codes have specific coverage instructions, are not valid or covered by Medicare, or may be paid at the carrier’s discretion.
- Age/Sex edits identify codes for use only with patients of a specific age or sex.
- Codingupdates.com companion website includes updates, physician/provider payment edits, and the opportunity to sign up for automatic e-mail notifications.
- UPDATED 2015 official code set ensures compliance with current Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) standards, optimizes reimbursement, and assists with quick, accurate, and efficient coding.
- Enhanced, expanded index makes locating codes easier than ever.
Guide to Using the 2015 HCPCS Level II Codes
Symbols and Conventions
2015 HCPCS Updates
Netter Anatomy Plates
2015 HCPCS: Level II National Codes
2015 HCPCS Index
2015 Table of Drugs
CMS Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)
Appendix A: Chapter 1, National Correct Coding Initiative Policy Manual
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN