Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Health Insurance Today (Access Code), 5th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Health Insurance Today, 5e, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Unit 1: Building a Foundation 1. The Origins of Health Insurance 2. Tools of the Trade: A Career as a Health (Medical) Insurance Professional 3. The Legal and Ethical Side of Health Insurance 4. Types and Sources of Health Insurance
Unit 2: Health Insurance Basics 5. Claim Submission Methods 6. Traditional Fee-for-Service/Private Plans 7. Unraveling the Mysteries of Managed Care 8. Understanding Medicaid 9. Conquering Medicare’s Challenges 10. Military Carriers 11. Miscellaneous Carriers: Workers’ Compensation and Disability Insurance
Unit 3: Cracking the Codes 12. Diagnostic Coding 13. Procedural, E&M, and HCPCS Coding
Unit 4: The Claims Process 14. The Patient 15. The Claim
Unit 5: Advanced Application 16. The Role of Computers in Health Insurance 17. Reimbursement Procedures: Getting Paid 18. Hospital Billing and the UB-04 Appendixes Appendix A: Sample Blank CMS-1500 (08/05) Appendix B: CMS-1500 Claim Form and Completion Instructions Appendix C: UB-40 Claim Form and Completion Instructions Glossary
Janet I. Beik, AA, BA, MEd, Southeastern Community College (retired), Administrative Instructor, Medical Assistant Program, West Burlington, IA, USA