PASS CEN!, 2nd Edition
Make sure your students are prepared for the Certification for Emergency Nurses examination with Pass CEN!, 2nd Edition. This comprehensive reference covers all of the content areas in the current exam, and includes fun, challenging learning activities and realistic practice questions. Every chapter features a full range of activities including matching, fill-in-the blank, comparisons, and crossword puzzles – all designed to improve the recall and comprehension skills of students. A clear, concise outline format and numerous illustrations make the material easy to read, understand, and remember. In addition, the accompanying Evolve website, includes scrambled questions which simulate the experience of taking the actual exam.
- An easy-to-follow outline format clearly delineates what you must know to pass the CEN exam.
- Learning activities provide fun and stimulating ways to learn critical concepts, such as matching questions, essays, table completion exercises, and crossword puzzles.
- Case studies include questions on clinical reasoning and decision-making.
- NEW! Content follows the most current CEN blueprint, eliminating extraneous information that is not likely to be tested.
- NEW! Updated learning activities and additional questions reinforces your retention of information.
- NEW! Critical pharmacology information integrated into each chapter stresses it’s importance to effective treatment outcomes.
- NEW! Integrated anatomy and physiology content reduces repetition of content.
- NEW! Learning activities moved to the back of book allows you to complete activities without the distraction of answers being right there.
1. The CEN Examination and Test-taking Strategies
2. Professional Issues and Patient Care Management
3. Cardiovascular Emergencies
4. Respiratory Emergencies
5. Neurologic Emergencies
6. Gastrointestinal Emergencies
7. Genitourinary, Gynecology, and Obstetrical Emergencies
8. Psychosocial Emergencies
9. Medical Emergencies
10. Maxillofacial and Ocular Emergencies
11. Orthopedic and Wound Emergencies
12. Substance Abuse, Toxicologic, and Environmental Emergencies
13. Transport Emergencies
Chapter Review Answers
References and Recommended Reading
B. Mechanical Ventilation
C. Abbreviations and Acronyms
D. Signs, Syndromes, and Triads in Pass CEN®! Evolve website
E. Memory Aids, Evolve website
F. Normal Laboratory Values, Evolve website
G. Selected Medications Administered in the Emergency Department, Evolve website
H. Air and Ground Certification, Evolve website
Robin Donohoe Dennison, DNP, CNE, NEA-BC, NPD-BC, Educator, Consultant, Author, Saint Augustine, Florida and Jill Suzette Johnson, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, CCRN, CEN, CFRN, Market Manager, Clinic Operations, Take Care Health Systems, Louisville, KY; Staff Nurse, Emergency Department, Saint Joseph Hospital, Lexington, KY