Nolte's The Human Brain Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Popular for its highly visual and easy-to-follow approach, Nolte's The Human Brain helps demystify the complexities of the gross anatomy of the brain, spinal cord and brainstem. A clear writing style, interesting examples and visual cues bring this extremely complicated subject to life and more understandable.
- Get the depth of coverage you need with discussions on all key topics in functional neuroanatomy and neuroscience, giving you well-rounded coverage of this complex subject.
- Zero in on the key information you need to know with highly templated, concise chapters that reinforce and expand your knowledge.
- Develop a thorough, clinically relevant understanding through clinical examples providing a real-life perspective.
- Gain a greater understanding of every concept through a glossary of key terms that elucidates every part of the text; 3-dimensional brain.
- Acquaint yourself with the very latest advancements in the field with many illustrations using the most current neuroimaging techniques, reflecting recent developments and changes in understanding.
- Keep up with the latest knowledge in neural plasticity including formation, modification, and repair of connections, with coverage of learning and memory, as well as the coming revolution in ways to fix damaged nervous systems, trophic factors, stem cells, and more.
- NEW! Gauge your mastery of the material and build confidence with over 100 multiple choice questions that provide effective chapter review and quick practice for your exams.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
1. Introduction to the Nervous System
2. Development of the Nervous System
3. Gross Anatomy and General Organization of the Central Nervous System
4. Meningeal Coverings of the Brain and Spinal Cord
5. Ventricles and Cerebrospinal Fluid
6. Blood Supply of the Brain
7. Electrical Signaling by Neurons
8. Synaptic Transmission Between Neurons
9. Sensory Receptors and the Peripheral Nervous System
10. Spinal Cord
11. Organization of the Brain Stem
12. Cranial Nerves and Their Nuclei
13. The Chemical Senses of Taste and Smell
14. Hearing and Balance: The Eighth Cranial Nerve
15. Atlas of the Human Brainstem
16. The Thalmus and Internal Capsule: Getting to and from the Cerebral Cortex
17. The Visual System
18. Overview of Motor System
19. Basal Nuclei
21. Eye Movements
22. Cerebral Cortex
23. Drives and Emotions: The Hypothalamus and Limbic System
24. Formation, Modification, and Repair of Neuronal Connections
25. Atlas of the Human Forebrain
Todd Vanderah, PhD, Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona and Douglas J Gould, PhD, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Rochester, Michigan