Physician Coding Exam Review 2016 - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,
Prepare to succeed on your physician coding exam with Physician Coding Exam Review 2016: The Certification Step! From leading coding author and educator Carol J. Buck, this exam review provides complete coverage of all topics included on the physician coding certification exam — including anatomy, terminology, and pathophysiology for each body system; reimbursement issues; CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM coding (with ICD-9-CM posted on Evolve companion website); and more. Four full practice exams simulate the testing experience, include answers and rationales, and provide enough practice to reassure even the most insecure exam-taker. It’s the only physician coding exam review you need!
- Comprehensive review content covers everything you need to know to pass the physician coding certification exam.
- Mobile-optimized quick quizzes provide extra practice and review with 380 additional medical terminology, pathophysiology, CPT, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS questions.
- Practice exams on the Evolve website allow you to assess strengths and weaknesses and develop a plan for focused study, including a Pre-Exam to be taken prior to studying, the same exam again as a Post-Exam to be taken after your review, and a Final Exam that simulates the experience of taking the actual physician coding exam.
- Answers and rationales to the Pre-/Post- and Final Exams are available on Evolve.
- Netter’s Anatomy illustrations help you understand anatomy and how it affects coding.
- Real-world coding reports (cleared of any patient identifiers) simulate the reports that you will encounter on the job and challenge you to apply key coding principles to actual cases.
- Success Strategies section in the text guides you step-by-step through the entire exam process.
- Concise outline format helps you access information quickly and study more efficiently.
- Colorful design and illustrations make study and review easier and more engaging.
- NEW! All diagnosis coding content is updated to ICD-10-CM, preparing you with all the ICD-10-CM information you need for success on the certification exam.
- Updated content includes the latest coding information available, promoting exam success and accurate coding on the job.
- NEW! ICD-9-CM versions of Units 4-5 and the practice examinations are posted to the Evolve companion website, so that you are prepared no matter which diagnosis code set is being tested on for your specific exam.
Course Syllabus and Student Calendar
Unit 1: Anatomy, Terminology, and Pathophysiology
Unit 2: Reimbursement Issues
Unit 3: CPT and HCPCS Coding
Unit 4: ICD-10-CM Coding
Unit 5: Coding Challenge
Appendix A: Resources
Appendix B: Answers
Appendix C: Medical Terminology
Appendix D: Combining Forms
Appendix E: Prefixes
Appendix F: Suffixes
Appendix G: Abbreviations
Appendix H: Further Text Resources
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN