Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Essentials for Nursing Practice, 8th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Essentials for Nursing Practice, 8th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
UNIT 1: CONCEPTS IN NURSING 1. Professional Nursing NEW! 2. Health and Wellness 3. The Health Care Delivery System 4. Community-Based Nursing Practice 5. Legal Principles in Nursing 6. Ethics 7. Evidence-Based Practice
UNIT 2: PROCESSES IN NURSING CARE 8. Critical Thinking 9. Nursing Process 10. Informatics and Documentation 11. Communication 12. Patient Education 13. Managing Patient Care
UNIT 3: NURSING PRACTICE FOUNDATIONS 14. Infection Control 15. Vital Signs 16. Health Assessment and Physical Examination 17. Administering Medications 18. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balances
UNIT 4: PROMOTING PSYCHOSOCIAL HEALTH 19. Caring in Nursing Practice 20. Cultural Awareness 21. Spiritual Health 22. Growth and Development 23. Self-Concept and Sexuality 24. Family in Nursing 25. Stress and Coping 26. Loss and Grief
UNIT 5: PROMOTING PHYSICAL HEALTH 27. Exercise and Activity 28. Safety 29. Hygiene 30. Oxygenation 31. Sleep 32. Pain Management 33. Nutrition 34. Urinary Elimination 35. Bowel Elimination 36. Immobility 37. Skin and Wound Care 38. Sensory Alterations 39. Surgical Patient
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services
St. Louis, MO, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL, Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL and Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana