Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Modern Dental Assisting,11th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Modern Dental Assisting, 11th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help students to learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking student performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
PART 1: The Dental Assisting Profession 1. History of Dentistry 2. The Professional Dental Assistant 3. The Dental Healthcare Team 4. Dental Ethics 5. Dentistry and the Law PART 2: Sciences in Dentistry 6. General Anatomy 7. General Physiology 8. Oral Embryology and Histology 9. Head and Neck Anatomy 10. Landmarks of the Face and Oral Cavity 11. Overview of the Dentitions 12. Tooth Morphology PART 3: Oral Health and Prevention of Dental Disease 13. Dental Caries 14. Periodontal Disease 15. Preventive Dentistry 16. Nutrition 17. Oral Pathology PART 4: Infection Prevention in Dentistry 18. Microbiology 19. Disease Transmission and Infection Prevention 20. Principles and Techniques of Disinfection 21. Principles and Techniques of Instrument Processing and Sterilization PART 5: Occupational Health and Safety 22. Regulatory and Advisory Agencies 23. Chemical and Waste Management 24. Dental Unit Waterlines 25. Ergonomics PART 6: Patient Information and Assessment 26. The Patient Record 27. Vital Signs 28. Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning 29. The Special Needs and Medically Compromised Patient 30. Principles of Pharmacology 31. Assisting in a Medical Emergency PART 7: Foundation of Clinical Dentistry 32. The Dental Office 33. Delivering Dental Care 34. Dental Hand Instruments 35. Dental Handpieces and Accessories 36. Moisture Control 37. Anesthesia and Pain Control PART 8: Radiographic Imaging 38. Foundations of Radiography, Radiographic Equipment, and Radiologic Safety 39. Dental Imaging, Dental Film, and Processing Radiographs 40. Legal Issues, Quality Assurance, and Infection Prevention 41. Intraoral Imaging 42. Extraoral Imaging PART 9: Dental Materials 43. Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials 44. Dental Liners, Bases, and Bonding Systems 45. Dental Cements 46. Impression Materials 47. Laboratory Materials and Procedures PART 10: Assisting in Comprehensive Dental Care 48. General Dentistry 49. Matrix Systems for Restorative Dentistry 50. Fixed Prosthodontics 51. Provisional Coverage 52. Removable Prosthodontics 53. Dental Implants 54. Endodontics 55. Periodontics 56. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 57. Pediatric Dentistry 58. Coronal Polishing 59. Dental Sealants 60. Orthodontics PART 11: Dental Administration and Communication Skills 61. Communication in the Dental Office 62. Business Operating Systems 63. Financial Management in the Dental Office 64. Marketing Your Skills References Glossary Index
Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Faculty, Allied Dental Education Program, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA
This product is available in the following formats: