Health Assessment Online for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, Version 4 (Access Code),7th Edition
Create a dynamic, interactive learning experience with Health Assessment Online. Ideal for distance-learning programs or enhanced classroom teaching, this bestselling online course complements Carolyn Jarvis' Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 7th Edition and offers you more flexibility than ever before. Use the library of 8,000 free-standing assets to complement your presentations or use the self-paced learning modules to guide students through foundations content and data gathering for each system and give students the opportunity to apply what they've learned in a comprehensive case study.
Self-Paced Learning Modules and Capstone Case Studies use video clips, animations, audio clips, images, and interactive exercises to guide you through foundational content and data gathering for each body system and give you the opportunity to apply what you've learned in a comprehensive case study. These interactive modules:
- Ensure you are prepared for class
- Reinforce material you've learned
- Can be used during self-study or clinical preparation
In addition to the self-paced learning modules and capstone case studies, Health Assessment Online helps reinforce your comprehension with a library of 8,000 stand-alone assets:
- Over 400 video clips demonstrating key examination techniques and procedures
- 130 video clips on pediatric and maternity patients
- 85 animations that bring important anatomic and physiologic concepts to life
- 1,050 multiple choice review questions
- 220 interactive exercises for quizzing or quick review
- 30 anatomic overlays depicting the anatomy beneath the surface of the skin
- 75 current lab and diagnostic tests with lab values that can affect assessment findings
- Glossary with 1,100 terms including audio pronunciations in English and Spanish
- Electronic Charting Activities provide interactive practice documenting examinations with realistic electronic health records and clinical case studies from the Jarvis 6th edition text.
- 12 Advanced Practice Case Studies guide you through the examination process for each body system, from recording a patient's history through determining a likely diagnosis.
- Updated and expanded Multiple Choice Assessment Questions reinforce key points with rationales for every answer.
- A Media Master List makes it easy to find any video file or animation in the entire course.
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois