Health Assessment Online for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, Version 4, 7th Edition
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
Some content has been removed from this site because Flash is no longer supported on web browsers.
Self-Paced Learning Modules and Capstone Case Studies use video clips, animations, audio clips, images, and interactive exercises to guide you through foundational content and data gathering for each body system and give you the opportunity to apply what you've learned in a comprehensive case study. These interactive modules:
- Ensure you are prepared for class
- Reinforce material you've learned
- Can be used during self-study or clinical preparation
In addition to the self-paced learning modules and capstone case studies, Health Assessment Online helps reinforce your comprehension with a library of 8,000 stand-alone assets:
- Over 400 video clips demonstrating key examination techniques and procedures
- 130 video clips on pediatric and maternity patients
- 85 animations that bring important anatomic and physiologic concepts to life
- 1,050 multiple choice review questions
- 220 interactive exercises for quizzing or quick review
- 30 anatomic overlays depicting the anatomy beneath the surface of the skin
- 75 current lab and diagnostic tests with lab values that can affect assessment findings
- Glossary with 1,100 terms including audio pronunciations in English and Spanish
- NEW evidence-based guidelines reflect a focus on conducting the most effective, qualitative exams.
- NEW Substance Use Assessment chapter addresses this increasingly critical aspect of holistic patient assessments.
- 100 new photos of step-by-step examination techniques include all-new exam panoramas for key systems.
- 100 new abnormal findings photos provide instant visual cues for findings that are unexpected or that require referral for follow-up care.
- Expanded chapter on assessment of the hospitalized adult provides a focused assessment of the patient in the hospital setting.
- New content on obesity provides current information on this growing health problem.
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois